Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats on this weekend(25-27 march)?

Options
  • 21-03-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Im coming to Sligo on friday for a family celebration,staying till monday at the Clarion Hotel.I know i've missed the food festival,but was wondering if there is anything else on this weekend?
    Im also planning a slow walk up Knocknarea on the Sunday.Is this a sane proposition for a couch potato? Anyone here done it?
    Cheers
    Tel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm not sure if there is much on this weekend. If I hear of anything I'll post it.
    Knocknarea is a grand walk. We've done it twice, I hope you have a good day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

live football on friday night at 7.45 in the showgrounds

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Have a wander around the town in the evening, crawl a few pubs. There's usually some unexpected sessions going on. Knocknarea is easy, there's a paved path and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Telbert

Thanks to all

cheers
    Tel.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

If you're into jazz/great music in general....

Fri March 25, Hargadons 10pm: Members of NoCrows & Ken McDonald

March 26: Alex Mathias plays Coltrane, TLC (upstairs in Tobergal Lane Cafe) (not too sure what time, probably either 8/10pm)

I'd imagine you'd have to pay for the gig Sat. night, but Hargadons is free and is usually great craic. Also check out Fureys Pub, there's usually someone or something entertaining going on! (if you're on facebook, this link should work...http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fureys-Pub/91082599838)

Knocknarea is, as the meerkat says, simples! For very slow walkers, it's an hour to the top..most people do it in 30/40mins. Some fantastic views of Sligo from there, it's well worth it. And then you can go chill-out with an ice-cream in Strandhill or have a cuppa in Shell's cafe for the afternoon after it either....:D

Whatever you end up doing, enjoy it the weekend, Sligo's a great wee place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Heading to Sligo tomorrow and just wondering where the best beer gardens would be? Would be a shame to be indoors on a day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I don't know if there are any beer gardens? It's nice to be in Strandhill this weather though, you can sit outside the pubs there down by the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

The Belfry have a beer garden,it's up on the roof.It's more of a smoking area but it's alright.

The Garavogue has a load of outdoor seating along the river it's nice on a day like this.

Advertisement