Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Rent Allowance Question :)

Options
  • 21-03-2011 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello,

I am entitled to rent allowance but I just have one question.
    I know I have to pay the deposit myself but do I get the first months rent off the welfare officer?
    Or do I pay that myself too?

Thank you for the help

Replies of people who have done it would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

shyGirl91 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am entitled to rent allowance but I just have one question.
    I know I have to pay the deposit myself but do I get the first months rent off the welfare officer?
    Or do I pay that myself too?

Thank you for the help

Replies of people who have done it would be hugely appreciated.

Once you have moved into the property and gone to your CWO with all the correct documentation and they have approved it then you either get the RA each week or once a month at your post office depending on where you are in the country.
    RA is paid in arrears so if you are giving the LL mths rent then the RA will be paid to you at the end of the first month not great if the LL wants deposit and months rent up front
    So i suppose the answer to your question is depends on when your paying your first months rent in advance in which case you pay it or in arrears in which case the RA pays it (only part of your rent not the full amount you still have to contribute money to it)

Advertisement