Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i remove dog hair from everything?

• 21-03-2011 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

it's becoming a pain at this stage. the bloody dog won't stop shedding. the hairs are pretty much everywhere.

is there anything you'd suggest that i can get to make removing these hairs from clothes and couches easier?

thanks

Comments

Dyson for the furniture is what I use. For the clothes, the girlfriend gets some of those roller-sticky thingys from some women clothes shops, probably a-wear or somewhere. Not massively helpful I know!

Or there's always this:

animals-03-dog-in-diving-suit-e1279462556104.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Random wrote: »
    it's becoming a pain at this stage. the bloody dog won't stop shedding. the hairs are pretty much everywhere.

is there anything you'd suggest that i can get to make removing these hairs from clothes and couches easier?

thanks

Rubber brush. I have a JML one. Available sometimes in Dunnes, Tesco's or Heatons. Or order online.

http://www.jmldirect.com/Rubber-Wonderbrush-PR4442/

http://www.jmldirect.com/Rubber-Wonderbroom-PR1099/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Dyson for the house and a clothes roller from Ikea for my clothes. Plus at thus time of year regular brushing with a furminator reduces the shedding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

What breed is he?

He might need to be groomed which can remove a huge amount of dead hair, especially at this time of the year.

I always have a big roll of brown tape handy at the hall door for when I am going out especially! I wrap it around my hand, sticky side out and you would be amazed at what you pick up!

Sellotape for smaller jobs or if you don't have brown tape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i have no idea what breed he is. a small white and black one. grooming doesnt make a difference, he's just as bad when he's back from that.

i suppose i could try the brown tape idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

That's for the hair, not the dog!!

A good brush, bath and furminate should remove a load of hair from him. Good luck!:)

Take him outside and brush him loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

Furminator and furminator deshedding shampoo along with a good high quality diet should make a massive difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Furrminator won't eliminate the problem but it does go a long way and my two seem to love it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just get used to it and wear it with pride!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

I do have this problem when my dog sheds aswell. What I normally do is get a pair of runners preferable clean:pac: and put your hand inside one and rub the runner across the furniture with the sole like a brush. It's suprising how much hair it will gather up into a ball then just pick it up and throw in the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

I find the easiest way with clothes and furniture is to put on a pair of rubber gloves and rub them over furniture and clothing. I have four cats and they shed like crazy. I do wear the hair as a badge of honour mostly but occasionally I do need to be hair-free.
    I find that the clean runner or rubber soled shoe works well on the stairs where the little furbies tend to hang out and snooze during the day. And a good hoover with a rotating brush head like the dyson motorhead works a treat on the carpets elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

peasant wrote: »
    Just get used to it and wear it with pride!
    :D
    ha brilliant! I used to be obsessed with not getting doghairs all over coach/rug/bed when we got our first dog, now it doesn't bother me in the least.
    what makes me laugh is people that make faces about it if they go to sit down and there's a few dog hairs on the couch...I feel like saying "they live here, you don't, so feck off!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

What ever you do dont clean it everyday or it will multiply faster and faster each time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Get in the habit of giving the dog a good brush every day, experiment with different brushes until you find one that works for both of you.

For some furniture a rubber glove works really well, just put one on and give everything a good going over and have the hoover handy. I use a zoom groom and the hoover for my cat scratchers and curtains, the cats are the worst offenders in this house :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have one of those red clothes brushes, which seems to do an alright job. I use a rubber broom on my carpet and that gets a lot of hair up, though I'm going to get laminate flooring. My sofa is pleather, so it doesn't get hairy.

Other than that I just live with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

sellotape if your in a hurry and cant get to the shop to buy something better. Also as people have said those sticky rollers, they are very cheap in IKEA.

Advertisement