Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone firms fined for data protection breaches

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

€15,000 in fines for companies that make about a billion worldwide per year. What would make them stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    €15,000 in fines for companies that make about a billion worldwide per year. What would make them stop?

BIGGER FINES
    thats change to them and they will keep doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I had to complain on a few occasions to Vodafone when i had a phone line with them as i kept getting calls from some marketing company in the north collecting for different charities. I had requested on several occasions that my number be opted out oo the National Directory Database but the calls kept coming at least one a month.

Vodafone kept telling me it was not their fault and it was down to problems with the NDD:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

lucyfur09 wrote: »

You should see the size of fines that Comreg levies :(

Zero usually.

Advertisement