Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boyles VS Powers

• 21-03-2011 7:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Boyles today and saw a special for the 14:40 at Kelso, the special was for all horses to complete the race at 8/11.
    A few minutes later i head across the road to Powers where they have the exact same special at guess what price guys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Was in Boyles today and saw a special for the 14:40 at Kelso, the special was for all horses to complete the race at 8/11.
    A few minutes later i head across the road to Powers where they have the exact same special at guess what price guys?

50-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd say 9/4.
    Wouldn't be the 1st time it's happened and won't be the last.
    Last Saturday Boyles were 4/5 all to finish in a 6 runner race, Powers were 9/4.
    Friday Boyles were 3/1 all to finish, Powers were 4/1, Sporting Index were 8/15 all not to finish.
    Happens all the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Powers were 5/2, what a joke Boyles are its quiet clear that they are trying to pull a fast one on there customers.

Wonder what would happen if you asked Boyles for the other side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Powers were 5/2, what a joke Boyles are its quiet clear that they are trying to pull a fast one on there customers.

Was this the lovely Boyles where one can place their bets in PP on Prospect Hill before going to Gala and getting a chicken fillet roll with 2 salads and a pack of Tayto and Lucozade before going across and sitting in the huge seats in Boyles?

<3

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Was this the lovely Boyles where one can place their bets in PP on Prospect Hill before going to Gala and getting a chicken fillet roll with 2 salads and a pack of Tayto and Lucozade before going across and sitting in the huge seats in Boyles?

<3

The very one:D,
    2 salads? i usually get 3 with my roll:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Is that not the art of being a bookmaker?? To convince the perspective punter he is getting value when he's not, special bets like this dont show up on oddschecker or the like and you would be amazed how many idiots would have backed it with Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

How does the OP know Powers price was right

Maybe Powers were off the wall and Boyles had the true value of the bet. Perhaps it really a 4/5 chance. Does any bookie price these up on the web?

Think Cashmans used to have it on aertel but they're gone now from there and web

If you're backing them who cares, best price gets the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Did all horses complete the race ?

• Advertisement

shaggykev wrote: »

Maybe Powers were off the wall and Boyles had the true value of the bet. Perhaps it really a 4/5 chance. Does any bookie price these up on the web?

Think Cashmans used to have it on aertel but they're gone now from there and web

Because Boyles is directly across the street.

Hey Jonjo do they charge extra? What salads do you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Sky Bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Maybe Powers were off the wall and Boyles had the true value of the bet. Perhaps it really a 4/5 chance.
    Exactly. The original poster sees two prices on the same outcome and presumes the shortest of these is the incorrect one and that they are trying to pull the wool over their customers eyes.

Without knowing anything about the book of each bookmaker or their stake limit for the market, nor the actual real event like-minded of each outcome it's pretty ludicrous to draw conclusions.

Away from this which is the better bet?

Bookmaker 1 Selection A @ 5/1
    Bookmaker 2 Selection A @ 7/1.

You can get €100 on with Bookmaker 1, or €50 with Bookmaker 2.

Now unless your having a fun bet it's clear to see that price alone is not the only determining factor on who is the best bookmaker to deal with. Of course your going to think that Bookmaker 1 is ripping you off, but is he? Thankfully opinions make the bookmaking business go around there's no right or wrong answer, you need to consider more than what you see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Exactly. The original poster sees two prices on the same outcome and presumes the shortest of these is the incorrect one and that they are trying to pull the wool over their customers eyes.

Without knowing anything about the book of each bookmaker or their stake limit for the market, nor the actual real event like-minded of each outcome it's pretty ludicrous to draw conclusions.

Away from this which is the better bet?

Bookmaker 1 Selection A @ 5/1
    Bookmaker 2 Selection A @ 7/1.

You can get €100 on with Bookmaker 1, or €50 with Bookmaker 2.

Now unless your having a fun bet it's clear to see that price alone is not the only determining factor on who is the best bookmaker to deal with. Of course your going to think that Bookmaker 1 is ripping you off, but is he? Thankfully opinions make the bookmaking business go around there's no right or wrong answer, you need to consider more than what you see.

The best bet is always the one with the best price. In the scenario above you would obviously have a max bet on the greater price and then put the difference on the worse price.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Boyles and Ladbrooks are awful firms.

I can't think what they've got going for them. They make everything thats even money elsewhere into 10/11 or 4/5 shots. Its paranoia on a grand scale.
    Boyles has copied Power's markets to the point its hard to actually call them Boyles.
    A year ago Ladbrooks still didn't even have handicap or over/under markets on football matches in case people made money. They still don't on championship matches and most other leagues.

Both firms 'specials' reek of retardedom to the point that they look like offers for 'special' people only.

At least Powers specials are genuine offers and they're odds are at least competitive.

Its hard enough yet Boyles and Ladbrooks will always insist that the 'edge' gets taken away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Boyles and Ladbrooks are awful firms.

I can't think what they've got going for them. They make everything thats even money elsewhere into 10/11 or 4/5 shots. Its paranoia on a grand scale.
    Boyles has copied Power's markets to the point its hard to actually call them Boyles.
    A year ago Ladbrooks still didn't even have handicap or over/under markets on football matches in case people made money. They still don't on championship matches and most other leagues.

Both firms 'specials' reek of retardedom to the point that they look like offers for 'special' people only.

At least Powers specials are genuine offers and they're odds are at least competitive.

Its hard enough yet Boyles and Ladbrooks will always insist that the 'edge' gets taken away.

Not sure where you are getting this from but as a general rule, Boyles take less margin than Paddy POwers on most markets. Powers have become a bit more competitive over the previous year but Boyles average price would still be slightly bigger. It comes from the difference of being a PLC and a privately owned company.

I never get the whole 'this company is better than that company' thing. The market should be seen as a whole, not as a group of individuals. By open to betting with absolutely anybody when the situation is right.

Not sure where you are getting this from but as a general rule, Boyles take less margin than Paddy POwers on most markets. Powers have become a bit more competitive over the previous year but Boyles average price would still be slightly bigger.

Years of experience tell me that this isn't true, if it were i wouldn't have slated them. I Have no love for any bookmakers but often Ladbroks don't even have an actual market so i'm left with two choices( Shops) and most of the time when Powers are 5/4 Boyles unfortunatley are 6/5 , Powers are 1/2 Boyles are 4/9 .
    And im taking about most the of 2-way markets + handicaps in team sports or more importantly the markets that I bet on.
    Of course you go where the price is and hand on heart, the last 5 saturdays it hasn't been Boyles. If i go there my 16/1 acca suddenly becomes 14.8/1 or similiar. Happens every week.

Years of experience tell me that this isn't true, if it were i wouldn't have slated them. I Have no love for any bookmakers but often Ladbroks don't even have an actual market so i'm left with two choices( Shops) and most of the time when Powers are 5/4 Boyles unfortunatley are 6/5 , Powers are 1/2 Boyles are 4/9 .
    And im taking about most the of 2-way markets + handicaps in team sports or more importantly the markets that I bet on.
    Of course you go where the price is and hand on heart, the last 5 saturdays it hasn't been Boyles. If i go there my 16/1 acca suddenly becomes 14.8/1 or similiar. Happens every week.

These 2 way markets are exactly where they have traditionally been bigger.

Up to maybe 6 months ago, the companies used the below opposite prices:

Powers took more margin as a matter of procedure. Boyles took less to compete. If Powers were 5/4 and Boyles 6/5, it would just have meant Powers were 4/7 and Boyles 4/6 on the other side.

I have no strong feelings on either company really but this is fact.

Power
    1/3 and 2/1
    4/11 and 15/8
    2/5 and 7/4
    4/9 and 13/8
    1/2 and 6/4
    8/15 and 11/8
    4/7 and 5/4
    8/13 and 6/5
    4/6 and 11/10
    8/11 and evens

Boyles
    1/3 and 9/4
    4/11 and 2/1
    2/5 and 15/8
    4/9 and 7/4
    1/2 and 13/8
    8/15 and 6/4
    4/7 and 11/8
    8/13 and 13/10
    4/6 and 6/5
    8/11 and 11/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

jive wrote: »
    The best bet is always the one with the best price. In the scenario above you would obviously have a max bet on the greater price and then put the difference on the worse price.
    But is one bookmaker worse than the other? Both the same?

These 2 way markets are exactly where they have traditionally been bigger.

Up to maybe 6 months ago, the companies used the below opposite prices:

Powers took more margin as a matter of procedure. Boyles took less to compete. If Powers were 5/4 and Boyles 6/5, it would just have meant Powers were 4/7 and Boyles 4/6 on the other side.

I have no strong feelings on either company really but this is fact.

Power
    1/3 and 2/1
    4/11 and 15/8
    2/5 and 7/4
    4/9 and 13/8
    1/2 and 6/4
    8/15 and 11/8
    4/7 and 5/4
    8/13 and 6/5
    4/6 and 11/10
    8/11 and evens

Boyles
    1/3 and 9/4
    4/11 and 2/1
    2/5 and 15/8
    4/9 and 7/4
    1/2 and 13/8
    8/15 and 6/4
    4/7 and 11/8
    8/13 and 13/10
    4/6 and 6/5
    8/11 and 11/10

i get exactly what your saying here and although i wasn't aware of this i take your word for it .

But even if this was the case until 6 months ago it wouldn't have made any difference at all to my point.

Eg Arsenal play Blackpool and im looking for over 2.5 goals, if powers go 1/2 chances usually are Boyles will be 4/9 .
    In this case i couldn't care if boyles go 10/1 on the other side (under 2.5 goals) as i don't want it . To me it would be useless and if i wanted to use boyles id have to take the lower odds and thats sort of the point.

On anything that is the 'likley' outcome 80% of the time(my estimation) Boyles will chip the odds . And in the case mentioned would it really have mattered if Boyles went 7/4 instead of 13/8 on Under 2.5 goals? Thats a bit like going 8/1 instead of 7/1 on Wales to beat England today. It makes no difference at all to the average honest punter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Bluetonic wrote: »
    But is one bookmaker worse than the other? Both the same?

I don't know, do you mean like the customer service? If so I back online and most places (if not all) have a live help feature, either way as long as the bookie is reliable (pays out) and you get the best price you can't go wrong.

And in the case mentioned would it really have mattered if Boyles went 7/4 instead of 13/8 on Under 2.5 goals? Thats a bit like going 8/1 instead of 7/1 on Wales to beat England today. It makes no difference at all to the average honest punter.

Of course it does. It makes it more likely that the average, honest punter will win money.

In the above example, gives you a 1.39% better chance as that's the difference in margin.

Of course it does. It makes it more likely that the average, honest punter will win money.

In the above example, gives you a 1.39% better chance as that's the difference in margin.

More likely to win money if your betting on Wales to beat England?- Absoultley.

When are Wales ever gonna beat England?

I think you've missed the point. You will always get a better price in Boyles if your betting on something that 'isn't' going to win.
    That isn't gonna make you money is it.

In the examples above can you see how they will chip the prices on the odds that 'will' win ? ie -'over' 2.5 goals in an Arsenal v Blackpool game.

Hence the margins(that don't actually exist anymore
    anyway) made absolultley no difference.

Don't get me started on Ladbrokes!

The lack of basic understanding of how to price up a book here is hilarious tbh, so we have in affect people slating Boyles and Ladbrokes for being more knowledgable than Powers?? i.e. been shorter about what is more likely to occur, sounds like good bussiness sense to me??

Is Cartel Mike taking the Mick? Or is he another punter that has bought the Paddy Power spin?

While Powers are great at garnishing loads of publicity & will throw the odd loss leader on big events, say to day they are poor value.

The slating of Ladbrokes is something I would of agreed with before but I think they have really upped their game recently. Better odds than Powers & Boyles at Cheltenham, still useless for footie though.

How am i taking the Mick?

Powers consistantly give punters more of a chance.
    Why do they do this?
    Well?
    If you think its because they don't know how to price up a book you've not very bright are you!

Christ don't you think its about drumming up a trade?
    Gamblers statisticly loose in the long run.

That said who are you gonna bet with someone whos gonna give you a better return or someone who refuses to offer you that curtisy?

How many times or ways do you want me to explain that?

Jesus, a little latteral thinking guys ....please!

How do they give us more of a chance? Because they were better odds on one occasion on an overs/unders bet on one side but you can't recall odds on the other side as that side was a sure fire loser so why bother looking at it

Powers are rarely blacktype on Oddschecker. They rely on fooling punters with slight of hand gimmicks like money back cue card to give the impression they are the best odds all the time and you have fallen for it hook, line and sinker

If you want to back something at the best odds shop around, if you want to back something at an inferior price but might get your money back once and awhile, stick with publicity powers

How do they give us more of a chance? Because they were better odds on one occasion on an overs/unders bet on one side but you can't recall odds on the other side as that side was a sure fire loser so why bother looking at it

Powers are rarely blacktype on Oddschecker. They rely on fooling punters with slight of hand gimmicks like money back cue card to give the impression they are the best odds all the time and you have fallen for it hook, line and sinker

If you want to back something at the best odds shop around, if you want to back something at an inferior price but might get your money back once and awhile, stick with publicity powers

I hate when people do this, when they can't be arsed to actually 'read' sombody's post or even bother trying to understand it, just wade in with the wrong end of the stick, don't bother reading the 'TITLE' of the thread and make absoultley no effort in giving their own opinion on the subject.
    Im non the wiser here mate ... So who do you bet with more .. Powers or Boyles ? Maybe you'd be so kind as to elaborate on your answer as thats what this thread is afterall about. Thanks.

Firstly the examples are 'examples' i have no idea what the 'actual' odds were for Blackpool v Arsenal. If you bothered reading you'd know that. It was an example of a trend i experience with both firms so much so that it happens practically every weekend.
    Secondly, if you'd bothered reading you would have 'read' that both firms odds were based on 'my' experience of using them over a good few years and also based on placing bets in the 'shops' 'not' the internet . You can only base opinions from actual experience,what do you base yours on?
    Thirdly , read the thread title , tell me where the relevence to oddschecker is here? We're comparing 'two' firms, two firms with 'shops' all around the country ,often within throwing distance of one another .
    Now i've repeated myself too many times . I stand by EVERYTHING i've said,so are you gonna actually give your opinion or not mate? Waiting with baited breath here. Maybe you can give an example or two while your at it.

More likely to win money if your betting on Wales to beat England?- Absoultley.

When are Wales ever gonna beat England?

I think you've missed the point. You will always get a better price in Boyles if your betting on something that 'isn't' going to win.
    That isn't gonna make you money is it.

In the examples above can you see how they will chip the prices on the odds that 'will' win ? ie -'over' 2.5 goals in an Arsenal v Blackpool game.

Hence the margins(that don't actually exist anymore
    anyway) made absolultley no difference.

!

There is so much wrong with this post, I don't really know where to begin Mike! The thought process in bold is pretty much the reason well functioning bookmakers make profits.

Margin - and therefore price - is the ONLY thing that matters in gambling. That's not an opinion either, it's accepted fact by pretty much anybody in the industry I've ever spoken to.

• Advertisement

Margin - and therefore price - is the ONLY thing that matters in gambling.

Respect your opinon but this time i don't understand.

You've completley missed 'selection' . If Your selections wrong 'margin' or 'price' isn't actually going to mean a hell of alot.

Flipflops gambling fundamently at its most basic is, and can ONLY be about selection. Price and margin are secondary .It HAS be. How can it be any other way?

Only when you HAVE your selection can you look at price and margin... im not being funny here flipfops but i think your starting to be funny with me.

Im also starting to think that you work for BOYLES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

Powers are rarely blacktype on Oddschecker.

They are each and every time in the anytime goalscorer market and to be booked market. That's about it though.

Their golf odds are atrocious and I don't doubt for a second that they wait for a handful of firms to show up on oddschecker and act accordingly.

I don't bet on horse racing so I can't comment on their tissue prices in the morning.

Boyles are a nasty crowd altogether. I really don't understand their philosophy at all. I think they rely solely on the high street shop punter. I can't imagine their website gets much activity. It doesn't operate half the time!

Flipflops gambling fundamently at its most basic is, and can ONLY be about selection. Price and margin are secondary .It HAS be. How can it be any other way?

Only when you HAVE your selection can you look at price and margin... im not being funny here flipfops but i think your starting to be funny with me.

Price is the be all and end all of gambling. The only reason you should pick a selection is because the price is wrong (ie too big). The argument of 'picking winners versus picking price' gets done on the internet a lot.

Haha. I've never even been to Dundalk! I also don't live in Ireland. Don't mistake my argument here for any respect for Boylesports. I pretty much think all gambling companies are the same (except Panbet, they are c*nts). It's the nature of your argument here I'm disagreeing with, company is irrelevant.

This thread should be proof enough too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57468010

Mike, dont take this personally but what you are saying here is sooo wrong its scary and its the mentality that bookies love, when you are thinking of having a bet the first thing you do is do up a book yourself as you would and then compare it to the how the bookie has and look for the descrepancies, that is the profitable way to approach gambling.

Price is the be all and end all of gambling. The only reason you should pick a selection is because the price is wrong (ie too big). The argument of 'picking winners versus picking price' gets done on the internet a lot.

Haha. I've never even been to Dundalk! I also don't live in Ireland. Don't mistake my argument here for any respect for Boylesports. I pretty much think all gambling companies are the same (except Panbet, they are c*nts). It's the nature of your argument here I'm disagreeing with, company is irrelevant.

This thread should be proof enough too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57468010

Just start a different thread then flipy as this one has taken a surrell direction and your points are contradictory to the subject matter.
    1/ Boyles DO NOT have a bigger odds margin than Powers anyway- this is an undisputed fact.
    2/ On the markets 'I' bet on, Boyle's price is rarley wrong. IF i find it to be wrong then i usually find that Powers price is even 'wronger' still.

Hopefully you understand my point? and the relevance of it to yours. I've tried to give examples.

When you gamble you know what the price Of a selection 'should' be before you even look at the odds (or you should do anyway) .
    When you check the odds, your either 'correct' or surprised , when you are surprised you look for the biggest surprise difference you can get. But the suprise in sports betting is always based on selection. Why? Because ANY bookie rarley gets the Price wrong ,and when they do ...that isn't enough unfortunatley to guarentee it wins. For me anyway
    luck is just as important as selection (if not more so) so what is or isn't the most important aspect of gambling very debatable , not fact as you've stated.

I'm tired man and i'm boring (and have bored) everyone to tears, including myself. And im explaining myself(again). You prob care little about Powers V Boyles, would probabley never do a w'enk acca in either and probably use the exchanges anyway.

A different thread flipy. Don't dissagree with you 100% but between this and the trolls its not really worth me posting anything anyway.

• Advertisement

Mike, dont take this personally but what you are saying here is sooo wrong its scary and its the mentality that bookies love, when you are thinking of having a bet the first thing you do is do up a book yourself as you would and then compare it to the how the bookie has and look for the descrepancies, that is the profitable way to approach gambling.

I Don't take that personally at all man. I don't find too many descrepancies these days anymore maybe its because i don't have as much time.
    My point was that im not going to make a loosing selection soley because i get bigger odds margin for doing it.
    In gambling you still have to 'select' what market your going to use before you gamble , your not for eg usually goin to select a market you know little about( although i have done in the past).

I do mostly accumulators in shops. Proffesional gamblers look down on me.
    In accas all your selections have to win or you get nothing. You might often think a team in a game is overpriced in a 3-way market but sometimes you can't afford to add it because it may loose and ruin your acca. Selection is the most important thing in accas. You have alot of choices. When i loose an acca its because i make a wrong one.

And your absoultley right . Bookies generally love me because im an acca punter. But hell...at least i won't ever get limited or reduced to using exchanges only.

Are you a full time pro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

My point was that im not going to make a loosing selection soley because i get bigger odds margin for doing it.

How do you know its going to lose?

I Don't take that personally at all man. I don't find too many descrepancies these days anymore maybe its because i don't have as much time.
    In gambling you still have to 'select' what market your going to use before you gamble , your not for eg usually goin to select a market you know little about( although i have done in the past).

I do mostly accumulators in shops. Proffesional gamblers look down on me.
    In accas all your selections have to win or you get nothing. You might often think a team in a game is overpriced in a 3-way market but sometimes you can't afford to add it because it may loose and ruin your acca. Selection is the most important thing in accas. You have alot of choices. When i loose an acca its because i make a wrong one.

And your absoultley right . Bookies generally love me because im an acca punter. But hell...at least i won't ever get limited or reduced to using exchanges only.

Are you a full time pro?

You are right they do love guys who do accums, anything they have a special coupon for it generally means its worth their while.

I wouldnt say Im a pro no, but I do quite a bit of trading on the exchanges and play a good lot of online poker to supplement my income, I keep all my records and the last two years have been very profitable but I just dont like the idea of relying on it to put food on the table.

Healio wrote: »

TBF I think Mike is saying in his opinion its unlikely to be the outcome and while we have argued against he's approach, there does have to be a subjective view to betting aswell. And especially if he is doing accums having one 'outsider' that is overpriced is not of much benefit the majority of the time, I think the real crux of the issue here is the accums bit, how many selections are we generally talking here Mike??

Healio wrote: »

sometimes the better odds don't matter.
    Before the Wales England match even took place i posted that it would'nt matter if Boyles deliberatley put Wales out to 8/1 from 7/1 to beat England . The odds margin in this case will never matter- its always a looser.

• Advertisement

TBF I think Mike is saying in his opinion its unlikely to be the outcome and while we have argued against he's approach, there does have to be a subjective view to betting aswell. And especially if he is doing accums having one 'outsider' that is overpriced is not of much benefit the majority of the time, I think the real crux of the issue here is the accums bit, how many selections are we generally talking here Mike??

4 selections. I bet once at the very most twice a week. Stake always €50.
    Tbh premier i don't have to capital to make single bets and since my cred card has always been in poor shape, account betting isn't really an option for me .

Odds always work out between 16-20/1. I really need to start lowering the odds though for my own good. Referees are my dread . More often than not these guys get it consistantly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I can see where you're coming from, Mike - as in not wanting to back a selction you think has no chance - but I have to side with flipflops here. In the example you give of Wales v England in the football, as a football fan you've got to fancy England to come out on top. However, youstill need to look at the odds. Wales were 8/1. Would I back them? No chance. 20/1? I'd bite your hand off. Do I think I'd be collecting? Probably not, but I've a better than 1 in 21 chance of doing so, therefore take the punt.

You mention that Boyles are too low on your over 2.5 goals bet. Somebody else posted that the other side must then be higher. It's all about an over-round, a lot of books will have a similar OR so the price will be balanced out somewhere else. It's not all about selection, value has to come into it. Yes, Arsenal v Blackpool will more than likely be over 2.5 but is it worth your while backing it at 1/3?

Hernandez to score a hatrick tomorrow aganist Fulham. What price would you expect? 33/1? 25/1? How about 10/1 with Paddy Power. Three card trick merchant

Boyles are 16/1 which aint that much better but 10/1 is a bloody insult

Berbatov is 11/1 while he can be backed at 25/1

Looks like Bet365 really are the best of the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Jaysus Bet365 makes Boyles and Paddy Power look very bad there by offering 33/1

Was the OP not making the point about Boyles v Powers?
    If you brought all the other bookies into the scenario, you're talking a different ball game totally.

Yesterday at lunchtime
    Forecast at Aintree Big Bucks & Grand Crus
    Boyles 6/4
    Powers 2/1

The SP Fav Placepot at one of the meetings
    Boyles 16/1
    Powers 25/1

Boyles enhanced the price of the 2nd fav at 5/2 in a race (5/4 fav).
    Powers enhanced the Fav.

The 4 Home Teams Europa League Accum
    Boyles 6/1
    Powers 11/2

Ladbrokes enhanced 4 horses in a virtual race
    12/1 to 16/1
    16/1 to 20/1
    20/1 to 25/1
    &
    25/1 to 33/1
    There were 6 other runners in the race 4/1 Fav up to 10/1
    What a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

2.55 Ludlow today:
    Fav was 1/4 most places, 1/5 PP, 1/7 Lads, 1/14 Boyles and 4/5 Betfair.

Betfair Sp was 1.21 thesandeman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep I know. Went off at 1/5. But at the time I checked prices you could get 4/5 or 1/14 if you prefered lol.

Haha I'd much rather the 1/14.

Any non runners?

• Advertisement
Advertisement