Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reality TV fixes

Options
  • 21-03-2011 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just wondering if anybody is suspicious about fixing within reality tv shows esp. quizzes and cookery competitions etc. Been kept up to date by a friend who works with and has suspicions with SL production company and is convinced their current project is fixed.

According to the friend, TV3 Conrad Gallagher Head Chef TV show is a possible fix and although there are a lot of sore losers out there there have been numerous complaints from eliminated contestants regarding eliminations. The final three contestants are made up of a guy whose had training with Heston and somebody who currently works at Chapter One in the city centre. The main complaint has been that the girl from Chapter One has shown major faults throughout the whole show with her getting told off from Conrad during every episode but has been kept in. One contestant was warned by another who was eliminated your next because you don't have a connection everyone else who is left has a major professional connection you don't! low and behold that contestant was gone the next day.

The person left over a dodgy desert but apparently, according to a shocked crew their food was consistent and at times surprising during their stint in the show and leaving over something so small was shocking.

I suppose with Conrad Gallagher involved there has to be something dodgy in the mix. We'll see how convincing the editing is when it goes to air in April.

From my own experience I worked close with a girl on Glás Vegas during the first series and before the final was recorded Shannon Reilly and her family knew that she was the person who won the trip to Vegas.

It just makes me think is this reality TV really reality if it's fixed??

Anybody else got opinion on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I heard (way back when) that Caroline Morahan knew at the beginning of "The Selection Box" that she had won to host "The Fame Game".

I can understand shows letting people know on the day of the competition that they had won, you would have to ask Mary Byrne weather or not she knew she won Nollig No. 1, it didn't come across on the show.

Watched the first ep of Head Chef, dodgy production IMO but it was hard to tell weather or not any of the contestants were good, perhaps was they are eliminated we will see more of their skills. IMO the Coq au Vin seemed like a difficult starting dish for the series.

Also easier to let people know if they have won if it is just a judging panel and not a phone in contest. (Look at the EuroSong on TLLS!!, I think they were able to do it there)

Also I would say Head Chef is filled with product placement so they might have a say as to who wins such as the restaurants you have mentioned.

Advertisement