Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The perfect kebab.......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Got a doner in Germany, they had a few lads making them, he would put the meat in the pitta and then you walked along with him, in front of you was a very long sneeze guard screen like in a chipper and you could look in and see all the different fillings and say which ones you wanted as you went along and he just kept filling and filling.

In new zealand they wrapped it up in a wrap and put it in tinfoil, then put it on a panini type press and cooked it for a while, then you could peel back the tinfoil and it all stayed together nicely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

the greek version "gyros" etc.

Gyros is usually cubes of meat served with the rest of the ingredients in a pitta often with fried potatoes or chips...the best approximation to a greek kebab would be Souvlaki.

Souvlaki is pork or chicken,cooked either on a sewer or wrapped in pitta with chips,salad and tdadziki(youghurt).

Any time i stay in greece i live on these bad boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Passion 4 Food on Clanbrassil St in Dublin wins hands down.They have a mouth watering mixed doner kebab for only 5.50.I'd recommend it to anyone who already hasn't done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

I was in Cavan town a while back dropping my cousin off,and there is a little kebab/curry shop next to the post office,I had a spicy chicken kebab,it was lovely,the nicest kebab I've had in years.....still think about it:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

The best kebab I think are the ones from lidl the two for €2,
    You can at whatever you like to them.
    They are heaven and actually one of the handfull of things I'll eat from lidl.
    I'm normally a superquinn guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

I'll second the Mezza. A bit pricey, but it's worth it.

And just like everyone else, Turkish ftw. My best kebab was in Alsace (the part of France that borders Germany), made in a Turkish family-owned restaurant. Awesomest kebab ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

vibe666 wrote: »
    i'll take a picture and post it here when i come back so you can all lick your screens. :pac:
    forgot to update this to say that we had the family round and all tucked into our kebabs and i totally forgot to take a picture till it was almost gone, so i failed sorry. :(

it was still fooking tasty tho. :D

Advertisement