Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clock going forward

Options
  • 21-03-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just wondering hows everyone preparing for sunday's time change or if you are at all. my little one is 2 and a half, and has a great routine of getting ready for bed at 6 and asleep by 7 usually til 630am, is anyone moving bedtimes forward a hour this week, for them to adjust to it, i tried myself tonight but the little man was having none of it and was out cold but 715. will try strech him a little further tomorrow night. but tis hard when he's falling out of his standings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Try shifting it by ten mins each day until it hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I wouldn't be trying to do anything now to prepare him to be honest. You don't need to stretch him at all. When the clocks go forward they want to stay up later (old 7pm becomes new 8pm), and (if you're lucky) stay in bed a little later in the mornings, so it's actually a little easier than when they go back and they're up at the crack of dawn......

I found not really doing anything other than "living" the new time worked so far with my nearly 3 year old. Not sure how my 6 month old will get on though.

I reckon after the first few nights they'll just go to bed a little after their normal time (maybe the full hour later for the first few nights) and then it will settle down. I wouldn't see much more disruption than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 angelarm

well i had a nightmare with my 2 and 3 year old this morning, nobother yesterday cause no hurry to get up but had to wake them at half 7 because they were still asleep the 3 year old would not eat her breakfast cause it was too early 8 oclock (7 in her head) they are now both grumpy and on the sofa watching tv!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I can honestly say that the clock going back or forward has never been an issue for my (almost 9yr old) child. He has been in creche/school all along, so would still have to get up in the mornings - I just always put him to bed a bit later/earlier the night before the clock changes. I did have a problem getting him in off the road last night though, when it was still very bright at 8pm on a school night:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

when you post on boards its using "old time" my pc is reading 00:15 but the time beside my name is 23:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

well i didnt change a thing, just drew blind and pulled curtain made it some what darker in the room, and he's been out cold by 7 the last few nights, i did have a 5 am wake up though yesterday, that wasnt fun.. i think the hour has affected me more then him

Advertisement