Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing energy from Wind power in the form of Hydrogen?

• 21-03-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

I was at a talk today about energy in Ireland and it was discused about how unreliable wind power is; how it could be blowing all night and not during the day or that it never blows when we are snowed under (just when we need it!). Anyways the speacker was talking about how unreliable stored hydro is (i.e pumping it up to a man made reservoir). But he never mentioned anything about pruducing Hydrogen, which I think isn't all that hard to do in comparison to stored hydro. You could produce hydrogen by electrolosis, store the hydrogen and burn it when needed. I was going to ask him about it but didn't get the chance.

Anyone know why this doesn't seem to get a mention?

Comments

Advertisement