Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a caterer

• 21-03-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

i need a caterer for 1st communion tried sherwood but they are booked up for my date, anyone recommend someone reliable and reasonable
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

ZEST in the market do unbelievable desserts anyway...they do the normal stuff for parties as well but i didnt care about them when i saw the desserts :p Bit pricey though.

Think cootes shop and Yvonnes Enzo's does stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

I think the Pepper Mill do catering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Triona Reidy of the Snack Shack and the Bagel Factory (Abbey Street, Ennis) does catering for all sorts of occasions. My extended family have booked her for christenings and birthday parties and she has done a great job everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 onthebrink

Have used the Snack Shack in Abbey St Car park a couple of times and they are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Yum Catering do it do

http://www.yum.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭banner gal

thanks, looking for likes of curry, lasagne ...hot food, do they do this or is it just bagels/sandwiches. yum have prices on web site seem expensive to me well thats in comparrison to the sherwood...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 bannergirl

Great guy called Seamus something who has catered a few christenings I have been too. Really good food and reasonably priced. Don't have a number but know that he lives in a house(that used to be a B&B) called Sycamore something (maybe Lodge?) on the stretch of road between the Tesco roundabout and Country Pine.

Yes, I have heard of him Bannergirl my sil has used him and he does live along there but I cannot remember which house.
    The cafe at the Westgate business park also do catering.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Mary Coote (Cahercalle estate I think) catered for my daughters communion and confirmation and a couple of Christmas dinners for family get togethers. Food amazing, does starters, hot main courses and deserts.
    I can pm you her number if interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 bannergirl

Another lady is Margaret O'Brien who did cookery classes in Ennis (in glor I think....) last year and also does catering. A friend used her and said the food was of an extremely high standard. Her number is 086 6009045.

• Advertisement

this is why i use boards, thanks guys for the replies. ca you pm me greenachers with mary cootes number
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

I'll root it out and send it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kaat3010

Try the Lunch Box at College Green. They cater for small parties. Very reasonable prices and very good food. I can pm you the phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Don_Corleone

i know people who have used Kate Deegan before and were very happy.
    dont have a number for them though

any idea of a number, which house is is? on left or right going out tulla road from town??
    thanks
    alot of the people tried are booked already

banner gal wrote: »
    any idea of a number, which house is is? on left or right going out tulla road from town??
    thanks
    alot of the people tried are booked already

Its on the right hand side going towards Tulla, very near the firestation roundabout.

Advertisement