Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst pain you've ever experienced?

Options
  • 21-03-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Delete if inappropiate!

Saw this on another site-led to a lot of crazy stories and thought it would be interesting to see how it plays out here!

I'd say the worst pain I ever endured was when i had to get two injections into the bone of my big toe when I was 13 because of an ingrown toenail. I literally had to be held down to stop from moving so much I was screaming so much...*shudders* No wonder I'm afraid of needles now !

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Broken collar-bone, no doubt about it. Breaking the thing actually wasn't too bad! The three weeks in a sling afterwards were agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Enflamed appendix and waking up after...the pain of where the stitches were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Broke my collarbone, that wasnt too bad tbh the worst bit was the "pop!" when it snapped.

Was show jumping one time and the horse stopped at the fence, over the horses head I went and plowed my way through the fence, wooden poles all fell on me. That hurt like sh!t.

Worst pain was a cramp/creak in my neck, my god the pain of that was unreal. Had it for a whole day, dont think my neck ever fully recovered, still get twinges in it. All I did was stretch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Impaled myself on a spiked fence. Left a hole the size of an old pound coin roughly three cms from the family jewels.

Marvellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hmm I'd say probably when I tore a ligament in my knee. Managed to do it jumping off a foot high wall. I ended up on crutches for over two months that was really painful.

Although when I fell on the ice in november and fractured my coccyx was about the same if not worse. I couldn't sit down or lie down comfortably for weeks, I could barely walk either. Because of where i'd hurt they couldn't do anything either so that was annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Haven't broken a bone. I would have to say the time I badly twisted my ankle was very painful and the time I had a lung infection. Lung infections are nasty, it hurts when you breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Possibly an abscess.

Not the sorest but the one I fear is my back going again. Any niggle and I immediately get scared. A couple of days off your tits on painkillers and lying on your front isn't as fun as it sounds. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Childbirth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

In before "kicked in the nads"

Probably the time i semi dislocated my knee, that was a strange one, Or when I fell off the wall and broke all the bones in my arm. Bit of a toss up as there was about 7/8 years between them, tough to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Belinda Crowe, stole my crisps and broke my heart

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Childbirth.

Did you star in Alien?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Did you star in Alien?

No- I just didn't tell you about the second most painful thing that happened to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Broke my arm and lacerated my scalp 5-stitches bad last week. It's pretty fucking sore like, right about now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Erm when I was young I fell on a board with a nail in it and it went through my forehead! I got a pretty cool Harry Potter-esque scar from it though...

Also my brother pushed me from a tree into a pile of nettles. They were like 4 foot high, and I was like 10. It hurt. I had to get a full body bandage and keep it on for like a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

When I was playing tag in primary school, I tripped in a weird way and my chin slid across the rough ground. if I move my chin in a certain way, you can see the crinkly weird shapes from the stones and stuff =P

Or one night I got an incredible pain in my stomach and fainted. that was well sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Bare foot and standing on a lego brick!

Martial arts injuries:

Kicking someone's elbow with your foot and a liver shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

unknown13 wrote: »
    Martial arts injuries:

Kicking someone's elbow with your foot and a liver shot.

Kick with your shin man :pac:

Agree with the liver shot though. I got hit with a 1-2 before.
    The 1 broke a rib.The 2 was the liver shot as I turned. That really sucked :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

KIDNEY STONES!!!!!!!

The pain is unreal, probably the closest that I'll come to giving birth...........out of my penis! :eek: But seriously, the actual passing them is nothing compared to when your kidney is full of urine and the stone is blocking the exit, so to speak. The South African doctor who treated me said the pain is similar to being shot from point blank range with a low calibre pistol. I can well believe him! :pac:

Kick with your shin man :pac:

Against the rules. Has to be with the foot. :P :P

The liver shots are honestly nasty. Got one right on the button and it was pretty hard aswell. On my knees instantly gasping for air and I didn't get up for a good few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I'm so lucky I've never been hurt all that bad. I've broken a few toes and gotten hit pretty hard in the head a few times but nothing really sticks out as being absolutely unbearable. I can only think of 2 things, when they tried to straighten my broken toe as it was sticking out quiet badly and I get a pain in my hip every now and then for no apparent reason that I honestly can't stand up right with. I just have to grab something and wait it out. As I said, not really that bad, especially considering I played hockey for over 8 years and I was a very rough player and I'm generally very clumsy so its very surprising that I haven't broken more bones really

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

unknown13 wrote: »
    Against the rules. Has to be with the foot. :P :P
    I dont like these rules.I always kick with my shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Testicular torsion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

A tie between a kidney shot and a cricket ball where the sun don't shine;). I still remember the pain........

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Probably when I was 3 when I got attacked by a horse, bit in the head and had to get 32 stitches in theatre. But I can't remember that!

More recently, it was probably 2 years ago when me and my friend were playing in my garden on a beautiful day with a nerf/vortex.
    p796big.jpg

After throwing it around for a while, I decided to record a video of my friend throwing it towards me on video. Little did I notice it was heading straight for me (I was looking through the phone screen), and hit me in the place no man should ever be hit, with considerable force. I let out a huge scream and fell on the ground.

I was on the verge of tears and/or getting sick - my friend awkwardly stood there not knowing what to do, I went inside (and told him not to come) while I was lying on the couch, dying with pain, wondering if I'd ever be able to have children.

And the worse thing was that I had gotten it on video. Countless times did I have to watch people laughing at my scream and the phone dropping onto the grass. Nobody seemed to empathise with my suffering and felt that uploading to bebo as a flash box was a good idea!

I still won't go near nerfs/vortexes now!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

burst my lip, sledgehammer fell on my finger when i was 3, burst my head on a chair, got hit into the face with a pint glass resulting in 14 stitches, stood on a rusty nail and it went right through my foot, and got slapped into the face with a hurly.... FULL BELT!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Either the time I was playing manhunt in a forest in Larch Hill, was trying to catch the last guy standing.. jumped out at him from behind a tree (and caught him! which the príck denied) and he pushed me backwards over a tree stump. Broke a toe, a bone in my foot and my ankle. Or another time when I was having a water fight as a kid, slipped on wet floorboards and landed on my arse/wrist. Fractured my wrist in two places. Or that time I fractured my wrist while rollerblading. Or the other time I fractured my wrist rollerblading (parents still don't let me rollerblade to this day...). Or the time a friend and I were messing around with his wooden katanas and he fractured my wrist.

... I break bones a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

sneezing when I had fractured ribs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Tearing my calf in a rugby match.

The wierdest feeling was having knee surgery last year and when I was walking afterwards i could feel the fluid moving around inside it.It felt awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I've never actually broken any bones, luckily enough for me because I have an incredible low pain treshold.

The worst pain that I've probably ever had though would have to be getting those numbing injections in the dentist. I had to get one on either side of my top gums, one in the middle and one into the roof of my mouth. The dentist had to take 2 gos at the one in the roof of my mouth becuase I couldn't keep still in the chair because it was the single most painful thing that I have ever experienced in my life. I nearly had to be held down in the chair because I kept trying to resist and pushing against the dentist.

I can not handle pain.:(

At all.

Advertisement