Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 28th March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Socks aren't much use but the tops are great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

and sure who needs a Garmin?

wk13_56426_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

how much use/benefit would those compression tops be to a casual runner like myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Never had any issues with the socks - worth a punt on the compression socks at 5yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Never had any issues with the socks - worth a punt on the compression socks at 5yoyos.

I have them from the last time & find them great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Socks aren't much use but the tops are great

I got the same socks in the last sale and have never had better ones.

Maybe the ones I got were different. They were more like generic 'sports' socks. Anyway at that price it's always worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

leddpipe wrote: »
    how much use/benefit would those compression tops be to a casual runner like myself?

A compression top is useless for a runner.
    Compression shorts may help with reducing muscle soreness, but opinion is divided.

A compression top is useless for a runner.
    Compression shorts may help with reducing muscle soreness, but opinion is divided.

Useless compression, but great for stopping nipple chafing when worn under a normal running top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Socks are some of the best out there IMO and the shorts are well worth it as well

• Advertisement

Picked up some compression socks this morning - seem pretty well constructed - proof will be how they wash and wear. Picked up some shorts also.

got a couple of tops...the compressions vests and the running top. Cheap as chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Picked up some compression socks this morning - seem pretty well constructed - proof will be how they wash and wear. Picked up some shorts also.
    Had a few pairs before, they do last well but you do get better comprerssion for the better brands.

The running tops are brilliant. Definitely going back for the next specials

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Wasn't much left when I called in after work but did manage to get a few socks (along with some groceries). Guess going there before work would have been the thing to do.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Picked up some items yesterday, again not much left and that was during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Called in after work - not a single pair of socks left in size 4-5 (were there any to start with?) no womens clothing in a small size either. Annoying as it is so far out of my way to get there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

Popped into the one in Rathmines last night, Was very little left, manage to grab one of the last pair of socks, They look quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I find the sizes for the shorts really funnny, Large really are large.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

The latest Lidl socks seem to be the best ever (based on tonights run).

The compression tops (like the shorts) seem to be quite big for their size, but a nice quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »
    The latest Lidl socks seem to be the best ever (based on tonights run).

The compression tops (like the shorts) seem to be quite big for their size, but a nice quality.

Yep, I bought two pairs yesterday and wore them tonight...they seem v good...Also bought a pair of compression shorts but I think the kids have hidden them already....Happened before with a pair of 5 inch shorts:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

3 tops, 2 compression shorts, 4 pairs socks and jacket. Jacket is a bit dodge. Handy enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

1 pair of socks :(

At least they were in my size! I knew I should have went down on Monday, hopefully they'll have them again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Have just been to the one in wexford and they have tonnes of stuff left. Got some socks so i'm going to give them a try

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Got the whole works on Monday evening. They had quite a lot left in the Moore Street branch. The socks are excellent , so really glad managed to get multiple pairs of those. Feet sorted for quite a while. Picked up 1 of the Ladies tops in size Small, but when I got this home it was very loose fitting, so these were much larger fit than previous tops. Would say the XS was equivalent of small. Also very happy with the capri trousers with zip pocket at the back. Never enough running gear with zip pockets! All in all thought the selection of gear was quite good & once again, cheap as chips. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭fman

For anyone who missed out, Aldi have roughly the same mix of running gear next Thursday (7th Apr). Not on their site yet but saw the leaflet.

fman wrote: »
    For anyone who missed out, Aldi have roughly the same mix of running gear next Thursday (7th Apr). Not on their site yet but saw the leaflet.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week14Thursday11.htm?WT.z_src=main

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Why oh why is the womens stuff always pink :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Why oh why is the womens stuff always pink :mad:

Also available in ninja back for ladies. Actually I thought it was funny that Aldi refer to men as well just men but women are referred to as ladies :)
    Available in: Ladies' Pink or Black, Men's Black or Royal Blue

Advertisement