Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your top 3 **** list. ( only counts if you played those games )

Options
  • 21-03-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So let's have this one, eh? :)

A few rules:
    1. Only counts if you played it, you can't have that game I list only If you seen it at friends place for 5 mins etc.
    2. No hypocritical nominations. As much as I would love to put black ops, I can't as I played quite a bit of it, it was fun while it lasted.
    3. Very short description.

I'll kick it off:

1. Spore - worst money spent, drm, only first part of the game was fun, all the rest was washed down copies of ather games. Worse ever game!
    2. Resident evil 5 - becouse it killed horror survival francise, horrible game.
    3. Halo 3 ( not the whole francise ) halo 3 was the only halo game I ever played. It left me so confused. It was so hyped, but for me it did not do a thing, I found graphics very bad, gameplay annoying, story idiotic. I finished the game just of the sake of it, but I newer ever came back to it once. Not bashing all series as I can't say a word about the game I newer played. Halo 3 was rubbish thought...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

3. Halo 3 ( not the whole francise ) halo 3 was the only halo game I ever played. It left me so confused. It was so hyped, but for me it did not do a thing, I found graphics very bad, gameplay annoying, story idiotic. I finished the game just of the sake of it, but I newer ever came back to it once. Not bashing all series as I can't say a word about the game I newer played. Halo 3 was rubbish thought...

And you didn't even mention the Flood level!:pac:

Manhunt - absolute drivel dressed up with pointless violence.
    Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - even bouncing boobies couldn't keep me entertained, and that's really saying something!
    Counterstrike - it was a sad day when college peeps moved away from HL DM and started playing this instead:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

tman wrote: »
    Counterstrike - it was a sad day when college peeps moved away from HL DM and started playing this instead:(

Amen to that! I didn't understand it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

1. Fever Pitch for the Sega Mega Drive. The Mega Drive never had any great football games and I had hight hopes for this game. The SNES had ISS but and I was stuck with Fever Pitch. Thankfully it was only a rental.

2. Eye Sight Training for the DS. I didn't actually buy this one but my wife did. She really should have know from the title to avoid it.

3. Ballz for the Sega Mega Drive. I picked this up close to the end of the life cycle for the Mega Drive. Thinking back on it I actually played it quite a lot. I guess back then I didn't have a huge choice.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Good idea. Let's try not get into fanboy debacles, eh? ;)

1. NASCAR - All of them, on the PS1. Early PC versions were great, but for 2 years (TWO!) they didnt fix the bug in 2 player that at a certain camera angle, the car becomes invisible. Controls were like trolley riding around Tesco.
    2. Legends of Wrestling - Whatever godawful person had the idea to come up with the worst wrestling game ever can burn in hell.
    3. The Bouncer - What a wasted opportunity of greatness. Square Enix, instead of producing what could have been the Streets of Rage of the modern era, made a boring, unbalanced piece of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

1. Driver (PS1)
    I was one of those kids who got too frustrated to continue after failing the opening level over & over :mad:
    2. Capcom Fighting Jam (PS2)
    The only fighting game I've ever sold. I bought an extra copy of CvS2 to compensate.
    3. Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
    My first FF was IX. So after finishing that, I bought the "legendary" VII", played it for about 18hrs (halfway through disc 1?)... and then I realised I didn't like it all that much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

3. Ballz for the Sega Mega Drive. I picked this up close to the end of the life cycle for the Mega Drive. Thinking back on it I actually played it quite a lot. I guess back then I didn't have a huge choice.

Surely the name must've given it away
    I remember seeing some screenshots of it in CVG back in the day and being pretty damn impressed with the graphics

Erm... Guess I was easily impressed back then!
    ballz-3d-screenshot-002.png

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1) Shadowman 2econd Coming: Legitimately the worst game I ever bought. Got fooled into thinking it would be something to tide me over until the next Soul Reaver game, but it's honestly the most unplayable rubbish I've ever spent money on. Also has one of the worst Irish accents heard outside of Darby O'Gill.

2) Vampire Rain: Borrowed it from a friend, who somehow thought he was getting a Vampire MGS. It's absolute drivel.

3) Daiktana 64: Yeah, everyone goes on about how bad it was and how much of a letdown it was, but have you ever played it on the N64? It's worse that you can possibly imagine, I'd rather play Superman 64.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd rather play Superman 64.

You take that back! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1. Dark Castle (megadrive): A legendary Apple 2 game that is out and out scutter on the megadrive. Just a terrible unplayable mess of a game.
    2. Legend of Dragoon (PS1): A designed by commitee game to rival FFVII this is as soulless as JRPGs get. Awful story, terrible localisation, hatable characters, the most unmoving character death in any game, woeful battle system and sky high encounter rate for random battles. 4 discs full of ****e.
    3. The Darkness (Xbox360): Good voice acting can't save the awful story and total lack of gameplay. The AI is by far and away the worst I've seen in an FPS. So what if it's more complex that wolfenstein 3D, the AI in that doesn't get stuck in walls. The first game I ever traded in it was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    3. The Darkness (Xbox360): Good voice acting can't save the awful story and total lack of gameplay. The AI is by far and away the worst I've seen in an FPS. So what if it's more complex that wolfenstein 3D, the AI in that doesn't get stuck in walls. The first game I ever traded in it was that bad.

I can't think of 3 games but that is definitely the most hated game that I have played. I was so excited about it and it was the first ever game that I bought on launch day. Big mistake. It was ****ing horrendous for all the reasons you mention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

1. Final Fantasy XIII : I have an intense hatred for this game. I hated the characters, the story, the battle system, the running down a corridor for hours on end etc. I suppose i was hoping beforehand that this would be a good game after mediocre FFXII but it succeeded in killing off my interest in future FF games.

2. Lost Planet 2: Garbage. Played it for a few hours the day i bought it and never again afterwards. I made the mistake of not reading any reviews beforehand.

3. Dragons Lair on the NES. Got this when i was around 4 or 5 and could never get past the section after the bridge at the start so ended up being a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

1. Ghostbusters (Atari 2600)
    2. Daikatana (PC)
    3. Lost Planet 2 (PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oh damn lost planet 2... I got burned with it too. I loved first one, but second one was horrible!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I don't really have a top 3 but Spore has to be up there. The concept was so cool yet so poorly executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

1. WoW - Just a complete and utter sink of time, money, and space
    2. C&C First Decade - no words can describe how assless this release truly was
    3. Prince of Persia Trilogy - Bought it, got through half of the first one and realized how basic and formulaic it was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

1. - Final Fantasy 13. what a monumental piece of sh1t. how can a company with sink such a big budget into a game with such a history and have it coming out smelling like such crap? its like those films you see and go "did no1 turn around during the making of this and just go 'hey guys. dont you think this is amazingly ****?'"

2. - Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2. dull, boring, sh1t boss fights, didnt add anything to the series or the story arc and makes me wonder how bored i really was 8 years ago or whenever it was made.

3. - CoD MW2. really? this is what the kids are playing nowadays? no fukin wonder Jedward are still going strong. an absolute mess of a game (i am talking multiplayer wise btw. never played the single player)

special mention - Heroes of Newerth. an object lesson in just how much collective idiocy/trolling/being assholes can ruin an otherwise good game. its not so much the game thats the problem but as its solely multiplayer the community is part of the game and they do their very best to make it as unfun as possible. to quote rutger hauer: I've seen things.........
    The worst gaming community on the planet(™)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jazzy wrote: »
    an absolute mess of a game (i am talking multiplayer wise btw. never played the single player)

You're missing out on the level portraying the US Marines heroic stand in the fast food joint Burger Town against hordes of Russians (I wish I was making that up).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In no particular order:

Resident Evil 5
    Shame on me, I've actually owned this game twice. Bought it, didnt really like it, traded it in. Then when the PS Move came out, i bought it again to use Move with it which was even worse. Horrible control system, the zombies have better AI than Sheva, the difficulty spikes are horrendous. I mean, in the beginning, you kill about 4 zombies, probably only 2 at the same time. Then, you get locked in a place with about 30 zombies and a huge dude with an axe, with no idea of most of the controls by this point, frig all ammo and health, a crap camera and control system, and even when you do figure out what to do, your teammate decides to stand between you and your target. Hateful game.

G-Police 2
    Got this as a present one Christmas. Gee... thanks. Never had any idea what the hell was going on. No idea what to do, or how to do it. And more importantly, I didn't care. It had absolutely no effect on me. I just didn't care. There are games that I haven't liked but have finished anyway, just to finish it, just to see if it had any redeeming features. This didn't. No matter how many times I tried to play it, I just did not care.

Fallout 3
    That's right, and I don't care if you hate me. Yet another game that I've owned twice in order to give it a chance because it's so highly rated by everyone. Hated it. Especially when you leave the Vault. You pretty much talk to anyone, and they give you a mission to do that you know you're not going to able to do for hours. "Oh, you want me, a complete stranger, to deliver this very important item to your brother who lives in a town I've never heard of without any indication of where he might even be in that town or how to find him meaning I should just talk to everyone I see? Sure, no worries. How else may I be of service to you, Your Highness?" The inventory system is atrocious. It's a computer game. I don't want to have to worry about the weight of a bottle of water. The combat is boring. The story is crap, and not helped by the crappy dialogue and characters. Hate this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Dark Crystal (PS2) - I had saved up for weeks to get this game in the local computer shop because it looked amazing but after about 2 hours it hits constant dungeon after dungeon with no imagination and with the intent of making the game last because you get bombarded with enemies. Was disgusted with it.

Ehergiz (PS1) - Another I had high hopes for, character from Final Fantasy? In a beat em up?? I spent two YEARS looking for this game in shops as a kid and when I finally got it, I wept with the miserable battle system, the "adventure" to get more time out of the game and the complete lack of depth.

Sight Training (DS) - Possibly an unfair choice but considering I had to go to different shops to try and get customers excited about this boring piece of drivel, I'll never be able to look at it without complete disgust for the misery it caused me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

1. Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
    2. Codename Outbreak
    3. Final Fantasy XIII

• Advertisement

i think we doing prety well.

no keyboard warrioring and fanatism :D.

in all fairness some of the titles mentioned, would be reconsidered for my list too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

No particular order to this.

Fallout 3: (xbox360) I've nevere experienced a geme with such hype that is so bad. Awful control system, dodgy storyline (what htere was of it), completely artifical game length due to having to walk hugh distances and the combat being so bad it takes ages to kill basic enemies.

Final fantasy X: (Ps2) I played FF IX and loved it. I played some of VIII and liked it, but didn't have the time to get more than halfway through it. So X seemed like a good bet. I was wrong. It was so bad. More artifical length due to distances. Battles were more random than skill based. And don't get me started on that waterfootballcrapsport type thing.

TC Splinter cell: (Ps2) I like clancy's writing and I've read most of his books, but this game has a crazy complicated plot and the controls were clunky. Had huge potential but those stupid objectives and the ability to suck ass in a fight hindered it. I mean why couldn't you let one gaurd see you and kick his ass instead of either failing or getting your ass handed to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bubsy 3D - Even back then, I knew it was the worst game ever, and still is that I've ever played

Wii Sports - the most gimicky novelty ever, It lost its novelty after 2 days for me, and this was during the launch when they were impossible to come by, I sold mine after 2 days.

Tekken 6 - Wow...don't know where to start on that one...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

MW2 - as above, just awful.
    BioShock - I've tried a few time to play this but it's just no fun.
    Most of Rare's new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

FFXIII - Such a hard game to enjoy. Helping amazing looking shells of human beings walk down corridors, pressing X again and again. I'd forgive the linear gameplay if there was a single likeable character in the game. And the ending was horrible! Horrible stuff altogether. I'm still upset as I was ready to put it on the pedastal

Lair - Good lord this was a bad one! Got it along with my PS3 and couldn't enjoy it at all. Got about an hour in and felt ill. No, controlling dragons is not fun

The Club - I bought this for about €5 last year, it was relegated to bin within 48 hours! It's like it wanted to be a 3rd Person Shooter equivalent of Twisted Metal, with character backstories etc, all thrown into an arena, but it was just rubbish and there was nothing to like about it at all. There was me thinking we had a great party game. I'm still trying to get my credibility back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've played some bad games over the last 15 years but one that sticks out in fairly recent memory and claims the #1 spot is.

#1 Turok - I'm not even going to waste brain cells remembering this, one of the very few games I played and never finished

#2 Overlord 2 - After the 1st one this was an epic let down :mad:

#3 Every Splinter cell / Final fantasy / Hitman / Call of duty released this generation.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

This one surprises me. I've often heard people say that this was actually a pretty good game. Don't suppose your interested in the sequel that is coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Don't really have a list myself, but shocked to see Counter Strike named twice already! That would have to be in my top 3 list. And same with FFVII.

I'm surprised to see that Fallout 3 has been mentioned twice. I had a really great time with it. The scope of the game was amazing. So much to see and do. I've put in about 45 hours and still haven't seen a large portion of the map. Or touched the DLC.

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Don't really have a list myself, but shocked to see Counter Strike named twice already! That would have to be in my top 3 list. And same with FFVII.

I plated cs, sOmeone mentioned his friends swapping hl1 for cs when it came out. Same thing happened to me too. All friends forgot about hl and went with cs bananza :( .

Advertisement