Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your top 3 **** list. ( only counts if you played those games )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - After arguably one of gaming's greatest, Chaos Theory, it was a shame to see such a shoddy sequel. They essentially stripped out everything that made Chaos Theory great and the final release of the game was a bug riddled mess that Ubisoft quickly dropped support for. Still, I was determined to finish it and I persevered through levels where I couldn't save or look in a particular direction for fear of crashing. In the end the game won out, I encountered a game stopping bug that seemed insurmountable. I demanded my money back but never got anything. This game was such an amazing let down and does not deserver to bear the name Splinter Cell.

Modern Warfare 2 - We've probably all played it, or should I say seen the cutscenes, as it certainly never felt like my contribution was required. The final level was probably the best example, fleeing down a river in a dinghy, lots of explosions everywhere yet I just sat there watching it all and survived anyway. It was rather on the short side as well weighing in at a little over 5 hours if I remember correctly but that doesn't matter because it had multiplayer, oh yes hack ridden multiplayer with horrendous pings.

Elite Force 2 - I quite enjoyed the first Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force game, it was very decent for the time and had an interesting enough story (though it fell into the blast the oversized enemy with everything you've got finale pit) but the sequel was awful. No more Voyager, no idea why, and everything looked and felt worse than the original. It was a big disappointment after the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Overheal wrote: »
    3. Prince of Persia Trilogy - Bought it, got through half of the first one and realized how basic and formulaic it was
    You're dead to me.

These are three of the ones which spring to mind, I'm sure there's more and probably some which were worse but for now these will have to do:

Kane & Lynch: A third person cover-based shooter with terrible cover and terrible shooting mechanics. That sentence alone would be enough to warrant inclusion in my list but combine that with two of the most dislikeable cretins I've ever played as in a game, some incredibly uninspired level design and drab visuals and the deal is sealed.

Deus Ex 2: Sometimes I think the game wasn't actually that bad, then I remember Deus Ex 1 and my hatred returns. This is one of the very few games I've bought and not finished.

Lost: The Game: I, like many others at the time, loved the TV show so when a mate in work bought this and offered it to me a few days later I thought why not, what would be the harm. How wrong I was. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

3. Sonic 06 What can i say Terrible Glitches, Bugs, Abysmal Loading times, God awful story line my childhood mascot died when i picked this up in 2008

2.Final Fantasy 13 Disgraceful , linear gameplay , emo dialogue , stupid storyline. first and last final fantasy game il ever buy

1.Halo 3First time i ever played it when i was up in my cousins house, Disgrace of a game i never want to play ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

At no.1, top of the sh1t list is Morrowind Oblivion, what a strange depressing game. My main criticism of it is that your plonked in this frankly unnattractive world, filled with unnattractive people (yes I know there are mods) and you can pursue the main quest or complete the billions of micro quests to rise up the ranks of guilds etc. I joined the mages guild and because I stole one thing, by accident, I had to collect something like 50 of 3 types of herbs as penance. Hello, this is a game, I want to have fun, not go around collecting 50 of each type of obscure herb, thats like real life or the military.

Worse still its a lonely game, you just wander around on your own with weird not so convincing NPCs sparsely populating ugly villages. You try to find the motivation to climb up the ranks of a dozen guilds/complete the side quests which unlock aspects of the game, like the Ayieled (spell?) statues quest, (which quite frankly was a highly repetitive hack and slash affair trawling through gloomy dungeons. I got so p1ssed off with the reward for so much effort that I ended up stealing all the statues anyway and selling them on.

At the end of this turgid affair I decided to spruce it up a bit by incorporating a star trek mod and a flying dragon but needless to say I still found the game boring, ponderous, without focus and unenjoyable. The fantasy world became more and more like the real world with my character leveling up being comparable to pursuing a career. I wanted to have fun and I was cheated of this. The Patrick Stewart voice over promised nothing!

2. In recent memory Spore, good if superficial fun up till the space stage, pirate attacks detracted from focusing on diplomacy, economics, conquest and exploration. If there is one thing I dislike intensely in games its repetitive gameplay.

3. Insert sh1tty old games here, Back to the Future 3 on megadrive, Ghostbusters on the NES, Sega Touring Car on the Saturn.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

In no particular order:

1 - The Getaway - Purely awful game. Horrible to play, horrible to look at and a horrible waste of money. I saved up for aaaages to get this and I was extremely disappointed. The hype and the amount of money that went into the production and all we got was... sh*t on a disc. For shame Sony.

2 - Kane and Lynch - I played through this entire game for some reason. Horrible to play. The cover system is horrible to work with. Aiming is awful and very slow. While you're trying to precisely aim your cross hair on to your enemies you get peppered with bullets and more often than not... die.
    Just... ew.

3 - Kung Fu Rider - Why? Just why would they make this? It's a PS Move title and the controls are just pure crap and an absolute mess. Move the PS Move controller up and down to move... and to jump you've to move the PS Move controller up.... See where there might be a problem there?
    Also the physics are completely out of whack and just a very frustrating game to play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

That_Guy wrote: »
    In no particular order:

1 - The Getaway - Purely awful game. Horrible to play, horrible to look at and a horrible waste of money. I saved up for aaaages to get this and I was extremely disappointed. The hype and the amount of money that went into the production and all we got was... sh*t on a disc. For shame Sony.

2 - Kane and Lynch - I played through this entire game for some reason. Horrible to play. The cover system is horrible to work with. Aiming is awful and very slow. While you're trying to precisely aim your cross hair on to your enemies you get peppered with bullets and more often than not... die.
    Just... ew.

3 - Kung Fu Rider - Why? Just why would they make this? It's a PS Move title and the controls are just pure crap and an absolute mess. Move the PS Move controller up and down to move... and to jump you've to move the PS Move controller up.... See where there might be a problem there?
    Also the physics are completely out of whack and just a very frustrating game to play.

i loved the getaway and kane and lynch am i the only one :S

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I liked The Getaway (didn't love it though). Didn't play Kane & Lynch.

Oblivion would be another one I hated. I think I just put Fallout in the list ahead of it because I only bought Oblivion once. Bought Fallout 3 twice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This one surprises me. I've often heard people say that this was actually a pretty good game. Don't suppose your interested in the sequel that is coming out.

People that say that are the ones that think the story was somehow deep and also probably the same people that think Heavy Rain was a masterclassof story telling. The storyline was your usual dark comic book tale, absolutely nothing special about it and it was quite dull. There's two barely interactive cutscenes that are ok but the main shooting action which you do the most of is utter rubbish. You spend more time shooting light bulbs out than shooting enemies with laughable AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Barrington wrote: »

Oblivion would be another one I hated. I think I just put Fallout in the list ahead of it because I only bought Oblivion once. Bought Fallout 3 twice.

oh god oblivion... i think we should do a thread of: games everybody loved, and you thought they were rubbish. Oblivion would be on top of the ladder for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

1. Naughty Bear
    2. The Sopranos: Road To Respect
    3. Any PES since 2006

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Barrington wrote: »

The old saying comes to mind there, "fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me " :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Alot of people obviously havent played many games or are just pretending to be cool :D

Seriously.. how can anyone have counterstrike as the 3rd worst game they've played ? or bioshock ? Fallout 3 ?

For me

1. Superman N64 - No explanation needed...
    2. Barbie Horse adventures - YEAH I PLAYED IT !! AND WHAT ????
    3. California Games - Played this when i was 5 or 6... hadnt a ****ing clue how to do anything(No manual).. even at that age it made me boil with rage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    3. California Games - Played this when i was 5 or 6... hadnt a ****ing clue how to do anything(No manual).. even at that age it made me boil with rage :D

I used to feed the surfer to the shark for the lulz. :D

for me:

1. Lethal Weapon-SNES, possibly the worst tie in game ever, Riggs looks like a cross between Mario and David Hasselhoff, and you jump around the place firing bullets which are nearly as big as you are, collision detection is non existant, shows how bad licensed games can be.

2. Demons Souls, yeah I'm in for flack for this, but one of the most horrendously infuriating games I've ever played, I completely get why people like it, its a grinders dream, but replaying a 45 minute section of game after I walked through a door and died without warning? no thanks.

3. E.T- Atari 2600, my friend owned it, we laughed at him a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Modern Warfare 2 - We've probably all played it, or should I say seen the cutscenes, as it certainly never felt like my contribution was required. The final level was probably the best example, fleeing down a river in a dinghy, lots of explosions everywhere yet I just sat there watching it all and survived anyway. It was rather on the short side as well weighing in at a little over 5 hours if I remember correctly but that doesn't matter because it had multiplayer, oh yes hack ridden multiplayer with horrendous pings.

To me its the non setpiece/on rails levels which make COD as good at is is, stuff like One Shot, One Kill, that whole level from COD4 in Pripyat with the subsequent assassination attempt and escape is one of the finest levels of the current gen games, its superb from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Prey and The Darkness are here, staring at me, begging not to be listed. Haven't played them in years, but going to go back soon and give them another chance before a sequel comes out.

I hated Fallout 3, too. Finally jumped into it this week, just finished it today. Main story was a bit garbage, some of the characters and voice acting were AWFUL, the graphics are muck at times, and the whole thing just felt a bit cheap. I also don't like how you need the Broken Steel DLC to continue the game afterwards. (New Vegas arrived in the post today, like a kick in the nuts. Couldn't say no for €15)

I have to say, I had no time for Lost Planet 1. I got lost numerous times in the first few levels, and I haven't a single Achievement for it :pac: Wish I could remove it from my Gamertag

Don't "get" RainbowSix.

Resident Evil 5 was GOD-AWFUL. Just, absolutely terrible.

Halo 3:ODST. Again, the game shouldn't make you rage just trying to figure out where to go.

Scott Pilgrim. :mad:

Now I'm going to upset a lot of people. Borderlands. I just don't "get" it at all. I bought the GOTY edition, and I've barely played it. Pointless quests, and a huge difficulty spike. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

1. Assassins Creed
    2. Assassins Creed 2
    3. Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Why did I bother playing these games at all.. Terrible story and so repetitive... I only finished 2 and brotherhood just to see wtf actually happened.. And yes I was well disappointed.. Waste of time I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Healium wrote: »
    I have to say, I had no time for Lost Planet 1. I got lost numerous times in the first few levels, and I haven't a single Achievement for it :pac: Wish I could remove it from my Gamertag
    If you haven't earned a single achievement for it then you can remove it from your Gamertag. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

1. Assassins Creed
    2. Assassins Creed 2

Why did I bother playing these games at all.. Terrible story and so repetitive... I only finished 2 and brotherhood just to see wtf actually happened.. And yes I was well disappointed.. Waste of time I think..

You put about 60hrs into 3 different games you thought were the worst games you ever played? :confused:

You know wiki lists the plot of most games...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    You put about 60hrs into 3 different games you thought were the worst games you ever played? :confused:

You know wiki lists the plot of most games...

Who spent 60hrs in them games? Because I sure as hell did not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Really? damn that game is really good, I used to love it was one of my favourite games ever.

Heres my list for this generation.

3. R-Type Tactics on PSP - utter garbage and a big let down especially after all the good R-Type games.
    2. The Darkness on Xbox 360 - tripe!! no need to say too much as it's been said before.
    1. Turning Point Fall of Liberty on Xbox 360 - :eek: shíte, just pure shíte!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

pdbhp wrote: »
    1. Turning Point Fall of Liberty on Xbox 360 - :eek: shíte, just pure shíte!!

Wow forgot about that one, even felt cheated out all of the €5 I paid for it.
    There are bad games then there's Turning Point. Deserves it's own "Shelf-o-shíte" so it can be isolated and avoid risk of infecting other not nearly so bad titles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

1. Assassins Creed
    2. Assassins Creed 2

I just forget about the ridiculous plot and concentrate on marveling at the cityscapes from the top of bell towers. But yeah, theres so much padding in AC2 I thought Id never get to the end of it. Id much prefer this franchise if it was more like Uncharted. More compact, less repeating missions, better writing and shorter.

calex71 wrote: »
    Wow forgot about that one, even felt cheated out all of the €5 I paid for it.
    There are bad games then there's Turning Point. Deserves it's own "Shelf-o-shíte" so it can be isolated and avoid risk of infecting other not nearly so bad titles :D

Well thats the problem with that game I only paid a fiver for it aswell but that didn't take away from the fact that it is virtually unplayable.
    I feel sorry for anyone who paid full whack for that steaming pile of horse manure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

pdbhp wrote: »
    Really? damn that game is really good, I used to love it was one of my favourite games ever.

HA :D It was probably because i didnt know how to do any of the tricks and sh!t.

Also i remember playing a strategy type game for the SNES, i think you play as a god or something. Never understood how to play it... worst game eva.

HA :D It was probably because i didnt know how to do any of the tricks and sh!t.

Also i remember playing a strategy type game for the SNES, i think you play as a god or something. Never understood how to play it... worst game eva.

Well that can be a problem alright but Cali Games was easy to do the tricks etc. but difficult to master. I ruined my memories of it by playing it on NES emulator lately and it was pretty dreadful.

That SNES game was probably Civilisation, I think you played God in it and could wipe out the cities etc on them

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

1. Assassins Creed
    2. Assassins Creed 2

i only played first one, and i found utter **** too. they said mmorpgs are repetetive... well clearly they newer played assasins creed 1....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Healium wrote: »
    Prey and The Darkness are here, staring at me, begging not to be listed. Haven't played them in years, but going to go back soon and give them another chance before a sequel comes out.

I hated Fallout 3, too. Finally jumped into it this week, just finished it today. Main story was a bit garbage, some of the characters and voice acting were AWFUL, the graphics are muck at times, and the whole thing just felt a bit cheap. I also don't like how you need the Broken Steel DLC to continue the game afterwards. (New Vegas arrived in the post today, like a kick in the nuts. Couldn't say no for €15)

Don't "get" RainbowSix.

Resident Evil 5 was GOD-AWFUL. Just, absolutely terrible.

Halo 3:ODST. Again, the game shouldn't make you rage just trying to figure out where to go.

Scott Pilgrim. :mad:

Now I'm going to upset a lot of people. Borderlands. I just don't "get" it at all. I bought the GOTY edition, and I've barely played it. Pointless quests, and a huge difficulty spike. Meh.

I disagree with you on Fallout, receptively of course! Totally agree with Borderlands though. Never clicked with me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ThatGuyHughesy

Lord of the Rings: Third Age (PS2) - Wow what a boring game!
    Beyblades (PS1) - Ye I don't know what I was thinking!
    Dynasty Warriors (Xbox) - Hated it after 5 mins, couldn't make myself play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

gizmo wrote: »
    If you haven't earned a single achievement for it then you can remove it from your Gamertag. :)
    What?! How?

*goes to investigate*
    jamezy wrote: »
    I disagree with you on Fallout, receptively of course! Totally agree with Borderlands though. Never clicked with me either.

Off-topic, but I started New Vegas today, playing offline with no patches, and this game is shockingly buggy and broken. I can't believe they shipped it like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

1. PS2 Gaelic Games hurling for its brutal gameplay and sub C64 graphics
    2. Turning Point 360 for reasons explained below
    3. That PS2 sniper game that was so bad i cant even remember its name.

Advertisement