Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your top 3 **** list. ( only counts if you played those games )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Healium wrote: »
    What?! How?

*goes to investigate*
    Go into your achievement list, scroll to the game with no achievements and on the bottom you'll see an option saying Delete Game History.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    HA :D It was probably because i didnt know how to do any of the tricks and sh!t.

Also i remember playing a strategy type game for the SNES, i think you play as a god or something. Never understood how to play it... worst game eva.

Better not be talking about Actraiser, that was savage :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep actraiser is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Given that he said god games I'd assume it's either Populous I/II, Civilisation, Powermonger or Megalomania. Can't think of any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

gizmo wrote: »
    Given that he said god games I'd assume it's either Populous I/II, Civilisation, Powermonger or Megalomania. Can't think of any others?

Powermonger !!!!! HAHA..... what a **** game to buy a 5 year old :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    3. Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
    My first FF was IX. So after finishing that, I bought the "legendary" VII", played it for about 18hrs (halfway through disc 1?)... and then I realised I didn't like it all that much.

I will MURDER you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Feckin hell I had an Atari Lynx after all....I can't limit myself to 3 games, but here goes.

World Class Fussball - Atari Lynx. Quite simply awful. There was only a friendly match option. The graphics were awful, the controls awful. The whole experience was awful.

Micro-Machines v4- DS: Played the original on the Gameboy back in the day. This version was awful. Perhaps nostalgia is often better than reality but it wasn't any fun.

Dukes of Hazzard - Ps2: Loved the series as a kid. The game was awful, especially the driving which is pretty much all the interested me in a dukes of hazzard game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

gizmo wrote: »

Kane & Lynch: A third person cover-based shooter with terrible cover and terrible shooting mechanics. That sentence alone would be enough to warrant inclusion in my list but combine that with two of the most dislikeable cretins I've ever played as in a game, some incredibly uninspired level design and drab visuals and the deal is sealed.

I bought this last year before Kane and Lynch 2 came out as it sounded like the sequel might be a good game (how wrong that prediction turned out to be) and i wanted to play through the first one before the sequel came out but i found it to be woefully crap. It felt more like playing a ps1 era game than current gen one.

Also this might be contreversial but i kind of enjoyed The Darkness. I can understand why others would hate it though but for some reason i enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

3. Insert sh1tty old games here, Back to the Future 3 on megadrive,

I loved that game, I remember completing it as a 10year old after days of trying...was sick of that death splash screen of the wagon falling off a cliff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Also this might be contreversial but i kind of enjoyed The Darkness. I can understand why others would hate it though but for some reason i enjoyed it.

Some people (myself included) really enjoyed it despite the flaws (I'll admit, the AI was absolutely shocking!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I enjoyed The Darkness too, even though it was the straw that broke my Xbox's back giving me my first RROD.

"WWI?!" *sizzle* see you in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Tekken 6 - The endless loading times. The attempt to, for the second time, bolster an awful quasi-Streets of Rage element to the game. The crap new characters. Absolute ****e and extremely disappointing, as I love the Tekken games for the most part.

I'd like to add Final Fantasy XIII here, but I technically haven't played it. I took one look at my brother playing that monstrosity and decided it wasn't for me. In fact, all of the newer generation of Final Fantasy games (PS2 onwards), are unplayable monstrosities IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

1. Alone in the Dark (XBox 360) Shocking unfinished load of sh**.

2. Pariah (PC) Nobody probably knows of this, only played a few levels and couldn't take it anymore, pure p1ssy guns was the main reason, there were other reasons why I hated it, but it was so long ago I don't remember.

3. Fallout 3. Pretty much agree with what the other posters said.

(DIS)Honorable mentions:
    Fable III, Borderlands :eek:, Just Cause 2, Bioshock 2

I see The Getaway on someone's list, I loved that game on the PS2. I remember playing it & I kept getting shot up, and getting killed in the 1st level, I somehow missed the tutorial bit where you are told to heal you have to lean against a wall for a few seconds, so bad it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CKWPORT wrote: »
    1. Alone in the Dark (XBox 360) Shocking unfinished load of sh**.

2. Pariah (PC) Nobody probably knows of this, only played a few levels and couldn't take it anymore, pure p1ssy guns was the main reason, there were other reasons why I hated it, but it was so long ago I don't remember.

3. Fallout 3. Pretty much agre

e with what the other posters said.

(DIS)Honorable mentions:

I see The Getaway on someone's list, I loved that game on the PS2. I remember playing it & I kept getting shot up, and getting killed in the 1st level, I somehow missed the tutorial bit where you are told to heal you have to lean against a wall for a few seconds, so bad it was brilliant.

Oh man getaway! I did not knew about leaning by the wall. So I finish all game with one character withouth healing myself once!!! I was going for perfect levels. Then by accsident when I was playing for policeman I got near wall and he healed.... Imagine my epic facepalm when that happened,...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

(DIS)Honorable mentions:
    Borderlands :eek:, Bioshock 2

I love you. ;)

I'm so sick of everyone defending Bioshock 2. "Oh, it was never going to be the same as the first game...". Who cares! That's no excuse for delivering a crap story, a bug-riddled game, and shoddy customer service. That game was just absolutely awful (and I was ranked #80 on the multiplayer leaderboards, only outdone by Tallaghtfornian Robert Hamilton). I put about 300 hours into that game, and I lived on the 2K Forums for about 6 months, and that game is just shockingly bad.

It seems hypocritical, but I loved Bioshock, and I TRIED to love Bioshock 2. I really, really tried. I tried for over 6 months, before I realized how 2K screwed everyone in the ass with that game, and I'm only buying used 2K games from now on. LOL NO MONEY FOR YOU.

Those Lambs have the personality and charm of a turnip. :rolleyes:

I love you. ;)

I'm so sick of everyone defending Bioshock 2. "Oh, it was never going to be the same as the first game...". Who cares! That's no excuse for delivering a crap story, a bug-riddled game, and shoddy customer service. That game was just absolutely awful (and I was ranked #80 on the multiplayer leaderboards, only outdone by Tallaghtfornian Robert Hamilton). I put about 300 hours into that game, and I lived on the 2K Forums for about 6 months, and that game is just shockingly bad.

It seems hypocritical, but I loved Bioshock, and I TRIED to love Bioshock 2. I really, really tried. I tried for over 6 months, before I realized how 2K screwed everyone in the ass with that game, and I'm only buying used 2K games from now on. LOL NO MONEY FOR YOU.

I still enjoyed bioshick 2 single player. It was not as good as 1, but still decent. I knew when I finder out about multiplayer it will be half arsed job in the way.

It was sooooo horrible to play as big daddy which was easyer to kill then paper napkin... They just did not needed to make a main character big daddy...

You still played 300 hours and that's worst game? Ussually I just need max 6 hours to realise it's ****. If you were playing it 300 hours it means you did had some fun? Or those 300 hours were sadomasochism sessions? I camt see myself playing halo 3 for anather 294 hours just to say it's ****.

Like I said I would stick black ops in my list, but I can't as I dis spent alot of time playIng it, untill I realised that I am a hamster in wheel... No matter what prestige level I will be, I will still do same: run and gun, get shot by superior 5 year olds... If I played so long it ment I did had some fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

1 - Lost: The Game.
    I bought this with VERY low expectations thinking it would just be a bit of fun and a good companion to a series I loved. Utter pile of ****. Laziest and sloppiest game design I think I've ever seen

2 - Halo: ODST
    Love the Halo Franchise, but this game was just pure crap. Too dark, boring, repetitive and didnt enjoy it at all.

3 - Assassins Creed Franchise
    I dont get the love for these games. I midly enjoyed the first game when it came out, so bought the second aswell and it may as well be the first. YOU DO THE SAME F*CKING THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Plus the storyline is absolutely bonkers, and in the worst possible way.

I love you. ;)

It took you 6 months to figure out a game was sh1te? I dont hate Bioshock 2, I thought it was ok, not a patch on the original and wrong choice of playable character but it was alright, worth a rent and playthrough. I just love the setting of Rapture and the atmosphere of the game, but nothing comes close to the opening of the original, one of gamings finest moments.

Pit Fighter (arcade, every other version) just the worst beat em up ever, characters move like they've just shat their pants and are trying to make it to the jacks without anyone noticing, collision detection doesnt exist, every character has about 3 moves, the backgrounds look like they were made of lego and the crowds have 2 frames of animation, both rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

(DIS)Honorable mentions:

Borderlands as a single player = a lonely dull lifeless experience. Though go online with some friends and its actually a lot of fun. I play with two friends that I do not live close to and its much better playing a game like borderlands than a competitve fps like cod or BFBC2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Gaelic Games Football - Terrible graphics and gameplay, just a completely broken game.

Sonic Adventure - Terrible gameplay and it introduced some of the most annoying characters of all time.

Final Fantasy - Completely broken battle system and the least likeable characters I've ever seen in an rpg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I love you. ;)

you spent 300 hours on multiplayer bioshock 2?

Bioshock 2 - I loved the first Bioshock. It had a great atmosphere, good voice acting and a great story (I thought), so I was extremely eager to play the second one, especially after a pretty excellent viral campaign that was launched previous to its launch. So I buy it, play it, and discover that while it kept some of the atmosphere from the first game, it was just nowhere near as good and was promptly traded in for Mass Effect 2.

Dante's Inferno - Watched the trailer but didn't look at any gameplay footage (more fool me!) and thought it looked pretty decent. Convinced myself to buy it when I saw it for relatively cheap (just below €20) and played it, yet discovered it was a pretty average hack 'n' slash platformer with God awful camera angles.

Condemned 2 - The first one was scary. I mean really scary. There was great tension, wonderfully dark atmosphere and storyline as well as (at the time) a pretty intelligent style of gaming; weapons that could deteriorate over time and little or no guns, and it was really gripping. So when the second one came along I thought it would be equally as good. No. They increased the weaponry and decreased the tension tenfold.

Honourable mention goes to Deadly Premonition.
    Damn you, Retrogamer. That is all :p

Bioshock 2 - I loved the first Bioshock. It had a great atmosphere, good voice acting and a great story (I thought), so I was extremely eager to play the second one, especially after a pretty excellent viral campaign that was launched previous to its launch. So I buy it, play it, and discover that while it kept some of the atmosphere from the first game, it was just nowhere near as good and was promptly traded in for Mass Effect 2.

Dante's Inferno - Watched the trailer but didn't look at any gameplay footage (more fool me!) and thought it looked pretty decent. Convinced myself to buy it when I saw it for relatively cheap (just below €20) and played it, yet discovered it was a pretty average hack 'n' slash platformer with God awful camera angles.

Condemned 2 - The first one was scary. I mean really scary. There was great tension, wonderfully dark atmosphere and storyline as well as (at the time) a pretty intelligent style of gaming; weapons that could deteriorate over time and little or no guns, and it was really gripping. So when the second one came along I thought it would be equally as good. No. They increased the weaponry and decreased the tension tenfold.

Honourable mention goes to Deadly Premonition.
    Damn you, Retrogamer. That is all :p

hmmmm i found dantes inferno very good. my misses is not in to gaming, but in all the history she only likes to watch 2 games that i play:
    1. dantes inferno - bouth of us loved it. hystorical bits, bible, cicles of hell etc.
    2. bf: bc2 ... she just loves to see me killing people online, and hates single player campaing... she is a bloodthirsty one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 StephenMcN

1.Sacred 2:Fallen Angel- such a waste of money. every quest is the exact same, go there kill them.

2.The Club: No Comment

3.Golden compass- Was given to me free when i bought a new game. I thought 'oh easy 1000 achievement points' no! bbaaaaddddd game traded it back for 50c.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Is this just a rant about really crappy games?... Alright, I'm in! ;)

Clay fighter- After getting over the initial laughs and chuckles in this game, I realized that it had nothing to offer except... Well, anything!

Crusty Demons- I really liked to idea of an extreme sports game concentrating on bails. Unfortunately though, this meant that pretty much everything you did resulted in a bail, wheather you wanted it to on not. Spent more time splattered on the roads than I did riding the bike in this game.

Iron Man 2- What went wrong there?... Everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

CDH wrote: »
    Gaelic Games Football - Terrible graphics and gameplay, just a completely broken game.

Sonic Adventure - Terrible gameplay and it introduced some of the most annoying characters of all time.

Final Fantasy - Completely broken battle system and the least likeable characters I've ever seen in an rpg.

I can't believe they made a game about Gaelic football, had to see it to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Jazzy wrote: »
    you spent 300 hours on multiplayer bioshock 2?
    Yeah, more than that :o

Gimme a break, it was my first multiplayer game :p

The guy ranked #1 on the leaderboards has put in over 1,000 hours, he's from Tallaght :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I can't believe they made a game about Gaelic football, had to see it to believe it.
    ha. It has to be one of the most delayed game of all time it was due out near the end of the PS1's cycle didnt come out until the end PS2's cycle and there was no graphics improvement at all:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

1) GTA 4 (360) - as I sat there, bored out of my tree, driving the annoying cars, being forced to do mundane annoying things.... I play games to escape the mundane not rejoice in it (I know, I know. You get to do some adventures but the few hours I played of it were 95% rubbish).

2) Little Big Planet (PS3) - yes it looks cute. Yes, the intro with Stephen Fry is cool. But the game stinks. A platformer with ****e, imprecise controls. Be gone.

3) DS9: Harbinger (PC): I so wanted this game to be good. The graphics were great for the time and I would have forgive most things but the 20th time I got stuck in a wall/behind a npc/by an invisible wall the red mist descended.

Advertisement