Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good/reasonable priced restaurant

Options
  • 21-03-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm heading to Cork city at the weekend,can anybody recommend a good restaurant in the City centre that wont break the bank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

strasbourg goose is nice @ €20 for 3 courses.liberty grill is nice. market lane good too

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Agree with garhjw - strasbourg goose is v.good. I was there on Sat night.
    - 3 of us had the lamb & 3 had the steak... lamb FTW

The €20 deal is brilliant + extra portions of chips /veg if you want (which we did). You can have a class of wine /beer if don't want dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭nicecupotay

Would there be any need to book a table there,or would you get a table easily enough?(not sure what time I'll be there yet,but it will be on Saturday evening)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Casanovas on North Main St is a lovely little Italian run by an Italian couple so it is a gunine spot, also Scoozis off Wintrop St for pizzas, chicken, burgers and steaks, Scoozis you can walk into, normal wait is about 20 minutes for a table, but it could be a lot longer on a busy night. My advice would be to try and book somewhere to avoid disapointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭nicecupotay

Thanks folks,think I'll be trying Market Lane or Strasbourg Goose.
    @ Faith,I'll post a review up on you thread where ever I end up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

garhjw wrote: »
    strasbourg goose is nice @ €20 for 3 courses

Totally agree, you can't go wrong with Strasbourg Goose, plenty of choice and good quality on the 3 courses for €40 menu.

Would there be any need to book a table there,or would you get a table easily enough?(not sure what time I'll be there yet,but it will be on Saturday evening)

Better off booking, I've onlt been there once (a Sunday evening about a month ago) and they had a table free but while we were there loads of folks came in and they simply couldn't seat them. Great food, it's looney value altogether :)

As always RJ also highly recommends Zacs and Market Lane.

Advertisement