Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Renewal Advice - Variable, Tracker, Fixed?

Options
  • 21-03-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

My mortgage is up for renewal in the next month or so. Anone got any advice as to which type to go for taking into consideration what way things are going to be changing over the next few years?

Fixed
    Variable
    ECB Tracker

I`m with National Irish at the minute coming off a fixed rate that I`ve had since before the **** hit the fan.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

My mortgage is up for renewal in the next month or so. Anone got any advice as to which type to go for taking into consideration what way things are going to be changing over the next few years?

Fixed
    Variable
    ECB Tracker

I`m with National Irish at the minute coming off a fixed rate that I`ve had since before the **** hit the fan.

Thanks

You should first check what you are due to go back onto after the fixed rate. If your original agreement is a tracker then you will be going onto a tracker. Other wise you will go on a variable rate.

If you go on a tracker hold onto it as thats the best to have.

If you will not be going on a tracker and have a choice to fix or stay on variable it depends on what fixed rate is going. Thats if they havent stopped doing fixed rates at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Boomshakalak

Thanks Chris, we`re coming off a fixed on to a variable. Due to my circumstances I`ll be staying with NIB so as not to go through the hassle of applying elsewhere so it`ll be whatever the best deal that they can do for me.

Advertisement