Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick a game for a current gen remake.

Options
  • 21-03-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I have a feeling this thread may have come up recently but I searched and didn't find anything.

So what game would you like to see get a current generation make-over? For me I'd go for Rock'n'Roll Racing by Blizzard on the SNES. I remember renting this game several times years ago. I've always been fond of car combat games like Mario Kart or Blur and this was one of the first that I really enjoyed.

It also looked great for the time and had excellent sound. I loved the commentator and then of course there was the soundtrack with songs from Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf and Deep Purple among others.

I've only just found out while writing this that there was a sequel on the Playstation. [Goes to youtube to see what it was like.]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Body Harvest

The sand box time traveling puzzle game shooter with motor bikes, cars, tanks, planes, hovercrafts, boats flying aliens the size of buildings, huge boss fights etc.

It would be amazing on a current gen machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Body Harvest

The sand box time traveling puzzle game shooter with motor bikes, cars, tanks, planes, hovercrafts, boats flying aliens the size of buildings, huge boss fights etc.

It would be amazing on a current gen machine.

Sounds like they threw everything they could into that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Flashback! A thousand times Flashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The original Metal Gear 1 and 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

System Shock/System Shock 2. SS2 without the rubbish Body of the Many levels please, or at least make it feel less like a rush job tacked on at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I remember rock and roll racing. I finished that game like 100 times. It was epic.

As for new remake... Metal twister. Good news is they are making it allready, so far it looks mad as ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Flashback! A thousand times Flashback.

I'll have a bit of this. Absolutely loved that game. Stunning for its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Road Rash - who doesnt love knocking people off their motorbikes with chains and baseball bats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dactyl Nightmare. We need modern VR!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

**** Body Harvest. Rare should stop wasting there time with that Perfect Dark remake and should have made us a Blast Corp Remake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

I like a Metal Gear 1 & 2 remake played a bit of them on my super edition of mgs3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metal Gear Solid is bascally a remake of Metal Gear 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Syndicate, game was so good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Funky wrote: »
    Syndicate, game was so good.

The grapevine suggests that Syndicate is getting a new version / sequel / reboot. It's all rumour for now, but the suggestions is that it may just happen.

My choice would be FF7 - with the franchise now a bit of a lame duck, it would be a good time to push some money into a remastered version of #7, rather than produce yet another shoddy CGI snorefest ala #13.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

As for new remake... Metal twister. Good news is they are making it allready, so far it looks mad as ever!

You mean Twisted Metal right? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Funky wrote: »
    Syndicate, game was so good

I couldnt ****ing agree more, every time this topic comes, I always think of those games. The setting is brilliant.

The big question is though, if it saw a re-make would you want it to be a top down isometric game again? Or a futuristic GTA style setting? I always picture a GTA style thing, only in terms of the level and perspective now mind you. The city with futuristic cars and hover cars and so on would just look brilliant , dark cyber punk atmosphere with tall eeire buildings. You control cyborgs as usual and more then one possibly , rather then the whole 'main character' thing. just like the old game, and upgrade their cyber parts etc.

pixelburp wrote: »
    The grapevine suggests that Syndicate is getting a new version / sequel / reboot. It's all rumour for now, but the suggestions is that it may just happen.

Been hearing this for years but only very weak rumours. Really hope it happens soon.

**edit**
    You mean Twisted Metal right? :/

Loved Twisted metal 2 all those years ago, think a modern one with online multiplayer etc with be fantastic and looking at this:

can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vice City or Final Fantasy 7

nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

Carrier command
    Mechwarrior
    Syndicate
    Battlezone

Are initially what pops to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wossack wrote: »
    Carrier command
    Mechwarrior
    Syndicate
    Battlezone

Are initially what pops to mind
    I think there's a new Carrier Command in the works.

I'd love to see Midwinter 2 remade. It was a great (reasonably-)free roam FPS RPG with huge maps and lots of ways of completing your missions. It was, for a long time, the only game I played that felt like you were a proper spy, using all sorts of gadgets, vehicles, not knowing who you can trust, setting up assassinations, stealing secret documents, usurping local militias. It had it all.

I still have it on floppy disk, but modern computers don't have floppy drives :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

+ 1 for Syndicate. Hope the rumors of a remake are true.

Mine, would be:
    Thief: The Dark Project
    Outcast

Thief could be getting a remake/reboot, Thi4f was announced, but no details at all on a release date or any what they are gonna do with it. Change the title anyways to Thief 4, since when did 4 look like an e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Syndicate would make for a great 3D sandbox shooter type thing.

I'd go for:

Resident Evil 2 - something akin to the Gamecube remake of the original i.e. with gameplay rerfinements and new areas not just improved graphics.

Vagrant Story - Such stylish graphics but could do with a HD makeover

Hidden & Dangerous - proper tactical stuff none of that COD nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

first of all, this needs to be made:

also would love Micro Machines on XBLA, not even remade, just port Micro Machines 2!

and sega need to bring back some of their own games, streets of rage comes to mind, maybe do a Street Fighter 4 on it and have 3d backgrounds for a 2d playing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

penev10 wrote: »
    Hidden & Dangerous - proper tactical stuff none of that COD nonsense

Oh, a good Hidden & Dangerous remake would be fantastic. There's not enough tactical games like that these days.

In a similar vein, Rainbow Six deserves a good remake. I thought the Vegas games were fairly terrible. I loved plotting out your strategy at the start of the game and seeing it fall into place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Streets Of Rage and Jungle Strike

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Crusader: No Remorse. Classic game, as was No Regret. Awesome plot, violence, and top notch gameplay. Deffo worth a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

1942_game2.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Oh what I'd give for a Micro Machines V3 HD Online remake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'd love another theme park game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Staplor wrote: »

1942_game2.gif

Already done! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1942:_Joint_Strike

Came out on PSN and XBLA a couple of years ago, the demo played ok

Advertisement