Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick a game for a current gen remake.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jumping Flash from the PS1, loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Streets of Rage trilogy.

Mortal Kombat 1, 2 and Trilogy.

Resident Evil 2 and 3 plus a hd update of Remake. (throw 4 in there too, why not?)

Altered Beast.

FF6, 7, 8 and 9.

Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver.

Tomb Raider 2.

Die Hard Trilogy.

GTA 3, Vice and San Andreas all in one hd.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

rainbow island

a huge, badass 2d one with super slick hd graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The big one has to be ff7. I just don't understand why they won't remake it. the fans are praying for a remake. It'd be better than the ****e they produce today.

Another game that I would live a remake of and that's zool

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

ELITE
    ELITE
    ELITE
    ELITE
    ELITE
    ELITE

Most of the games listed here are relatively new and don't need a remake. There is a distinct lack of games like Elite out there, but loads of games have ripped off or emulated titles like SystemShock and TombRaider.

The one most likely to actually get remade is FF7.
    Lets hope they can avoid gaying the face off it with canto-pop and squeaky voiced school girls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rock n roll racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Pong

(just imagine those HD paddles :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Pong has been remade many times in the form of tennis/pingpong, which I assume was the original inspiration.

Don't know if anyone remembers this but in Commander Keen 4 you could play pong on your wristwatch, I spent as much time with pong as the actual game.

I wonder what was the first game within a game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Headshot wrote: »
    The big one has to be ff7. I just don't understand why they won't remake it. the fans are praying for a remake. It'd be better than the ****e they produce today.

Another game that I would live a remake of and that's zool
    I've said it for ages now. It will be made when they really need the money. Not before then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

abelard wrote: »
    How about Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri?

Though I think a sequel is what I'd like more so than a remake.

Lol, I still play this on my windows 7 PC, that is when I'm not playing DODS...

+1 on Elite

How about the old coin op Gauntlet? Maybe LFD2 style...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Lanaier wrote: »
    ELITE
    ELITE
    ELITE
    ELITE
    ELITE
    ELITE[...]

Along with Duke Nukem Forever, Elite 4 is another famous instance of vaporware. Frontier Developments quietly removed the game off their "in development" list on their website, after also being in development since the late 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Resident Evil 2 and 3 plus a hd update of Remake. (throw 4 in there too, why not?)

:cool:

They're currently working on a HD version of RE4 and Code Veronica:D
    http://www.next-gen.biz/news/resident-evil-revival-selection-revealed

penev10 wrote: »

Woo RE4! still want a RE2 remake in the style of the GC RE1 version though, Racoon City with lovely HD prerendered backgrounds? yes please.

Golden Axe would be fun, a proper one not just like what they did on xbla, 2.5D scrolling with more moves, more magic and a longer game, twould be cool.

oh, and The Simpsons arcade game :D

how has this not been mentioned yet, needs a Mortal Kombat style reboot: Killer Instinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

legacy of kain: blood omen

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Stunt Car Racer from the Amiga

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Most of these games are still perfect as is. I think the only thing which would really benefit would be maybe the ps1 titles (and other early 3D games) mentioned being smartened up a bit.

But for most part, the 2d games (Like the SOR series) still look perfect. HD versions are interesting, but the low res artwork combined with a CRT and a proper RGB scart cable is already perfection.

The other aspect, updating the gameplay itself to make it more current may in fact ruin what made the game good in the first place. Has anyone ever seen 3D attempts at brawlers like SOR? Yeah, that's one genre that really didn't last long when 3D came along!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Body Harvest

The sand box time traveling puzzle game shooter with motor bikes, cars, tanks, planes, hovercrafts, boats flying aliens the size of buildings, huge boss fights etc.

It would be amazing on a current gen machine.

the sad thing is if that came out on current consoles you would probably get cars and boats everything else would be dlc :rolleyes: god i hate this gen so much

I've said it for ages now. It will be made when they really need the money. Not before then

they should go about making it as soon as possible then as FF14 failed hard and 13 really didnt do too well either might as well throw 12 in there as well (although id say that sold a fair bit). I dont know Square are beginning to piss off their fans with the crap they are coming out with these days, i can see myself trying the next proper FF and if that sucks im done with em (and ive played just about every FF there is bar 11)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

they should go about making it as soon as possible then as FF14 failed hard and 13 really didnt do too well either might as well throw 12 in there as well (although id say that sold a fair bit). I dont know Square are beginning to piss off their fans with the crap they are coming out with these days, i can see myself trying the next proper FF and if that sucks im done with em (and ive played just about every FF there is bar 11)
    Actually final fantasy 13 sold extremely well, Believe somewhere like 5.5-6.5 million units. Which is quite the success......though the game was **** and most people bought it off the hype. I bought it against my gut feeling just because it was FF

• Advertisement

Actually final fantasy 13 sold extremely well, Believe somewhere like 5.5-6.5 million units. Which is quite the success......though the game was **** and most people bought it off the hype. I bought it against my gut feeling just because it was FF

yeah same here, i was a loyal FF fan up until 12 and 13 from now on im going to wait and see if there any good as are a lot of people i would think, which is why the next FF has to be either brilliant or a great remake of 7

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Some of the older Psygnosis games on the amiga/st were classics and deserve a hd remake. Shadow of the Beast, Blood Money, Infestation to name but a few.

+1,000,000 on an Elite remake and X-Wing/Tie-Fighter.
    If these were remade, I'd never see daylight again.

Well that is just some sexy news right there, veronica can go and ****e but hd RE4 on my PS3 hard drive with Move capability?

Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Well that is just some sexy news right there, veronica can go and ****e but hd RE4 on my PS3 hard drive with Move capability?

Sound.
    I really enjoyed Veronica. I seem to remember it being quite long visiting lots of different locations
    including the Arklay Manision

I would love to see a current gen remake of Carmageddon. Can you imagine the gore in HD?

I really enjoyed Veronica. I seem to remember it being quite long visiting lots of different locations
    including the Arklay Manision

Well, the game itself was quite good.

It was the characters that ruined it for me.
    Steve was an absolute cringe fest and the twins were easily the daftest antagonists seen in an RE game yet.

Clare is not interesting enough to have her own game,
    Chris showing up halfway through was cool
    but it was too little, too late for me.

Who knows? A remake could improve things a lot but I'd rather they focus on 2, 3 and 4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought Code Veronica was the best story of all the Resi's, loved the twins protagonists and the reveal halfway through. Steve was a whingebag though. Wasn't all that found of the gameplay, found it to be one of the weaker Resi's in that regard and the polygonal areas just didn't have the atmosphere of the CGI and Matte Paint renders of the other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

The Darkside Chronicles take on Veronica was a vast improvement I thought, they even managed to make me hate Steve a little less. (only a bit though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Speaking of Amiga, when the hell is the Toki remake coming out...

:(

Advertisement