Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick a game for a current gen remake.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Considerably OT, but since this thread has suddenly made me absolutely mad to play Elite again, what's the nearest thing to it that I'd be likely to find, from the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Considerably OT, but since this thread has suddenly made me absolutely mad to play Elite again, what's the nearest thing to it that I'd be likely to find, from the last few years?
    X: Beyond The Frontier I'd say.

Magic, much obliged. Entry level space commerce, here I f*cking come.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Body harvest could do with some paint and maybe fix a few bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They should remake Bomberman, but I dunno, with a more futuristic feel. More Holywood looking. Ooh, if they made the Bombermen look like Halo characters or something. Don't change the name. Still call it Bomberman, as playful as it is, it shouldn't cause any conflicts in the image. Think Boyzone gigging in their 40's, it's fine like.

Yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

bomberman as a franchise looks dead for the moment after hudsonsoft canned all the bm games they were working on this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Road Rash - who doesnt love knocking people off their motorbikes with chains and baseball bats :D

I dont often get sentimental, but watching that brought me wayyyy back!!

Wouldn't a proper current-gen remake of X-Com Apocalypse be fantastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

gizmo wrote: »
    X: Beyond The Frontier I'd say.

Well, it'd be X3: Terran Conflict - the most refined of that series. Bigger, far more refined but still quite Elite-y. Great scripting and modding community too to make space trading more straightforward.

If your PC is a few years old and not guaranteed to play the latest one, X2 is a nice compromise. Still looks far nicer than BTF, with a lot more features.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

Freelancer might be worth a punt too..

Also, if you've an idevice, Galaxy on Fire 2 is great (got about 14hrs playtime on my save game)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

quad_red wrote: »

yes, also this.
    absolute classic with brilliant atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

A few people mentioned Golden Axe. There was a Golden Axe game only a couple of years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I was going to say Twisted Metal but ive just found out they are making a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Melion wrote: »
    I was going to say Twisted Metal but ive just found out they are making a new one.

And I caaaaaant wait!!!!! I played metal twister 2 like 1000 times. There were no YouTube to see all endings, so needed to do proper way :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

And I caaaaaant wait!!!!! I played metal twister 2 like 1000 times. There were no YouTube to see all endings, so needed to do proper way :)))

I really don't like the look of the upcoming Twisted Metal, although I'm a huge fan of one, two, and Black.

I'd love to see Exhumed remade. We all know it was a bit crap, but I had a real soft spot for it.

I had another game in mind there that I really think deserves a remake... But now I can't remember what it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Personally id love to see Wing over remade for PS3

Also as mentioned ff7/road rash the strike series and thats about it for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah the endings were great, pity Black cheaped out at the last minute and cut all of them (and even the CGI opening) from the European version. All because Sweet Tooth was in an electric chair in the intro and our poor European sensibilities cant handle things like that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

id pick baldurs gate 1 and 2 but only if it was like DAO and not DA2 as that would just ruin the game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Since ICO & SotC are being remade in HD (i'm fairly sure!)

I'd love to see Psychonauts. I haven't played it but i hear it's amazing and so i'm holding out for a HD remake. I hope they'd bundle it with Grim Fandango ;)

• Advertisement

Second re: Psychonauts. Would love a go at it.

Nothing mindblowing, and rumours persist it's in the pipeline, but I'd love to see Star Wars: Battlefront brought up to speed. I always found the game fun, balanced and satisfying, and I think the space battles in particular could benefit hugely from the extra muscle on modern systems, both graphically and in terms of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dizzy

I havnt had a game drive me as fcuking mad in years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Dizzy

I havnt had a game drive me as fcuking mad in years

Oh man that game was so frustrating. I ended up hating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dungeon keeper 2. Close thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Since ICO & SotC are being remade in HD (i'm fairly sure!)

Just saw the pre-order option for Team Ico collection on Zavvi this morning. They have release date around 15 April - don't know if that's 100% accurate.
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd love to see Psychonauts. I haven't played it but i hear it's amazing and so i'm holding out for a HD remake. I hope they'd bundle it with Grim Fandango ;)

IMHO Psychonauts doesn't need a HD makeover. I played it as a Xbox download on a 360 and I had no issues with it - it didn't seem low res. The cartoon art style means it wouldn't benefit much from an upgrade. Would recommend the download if you've a 360 and a stack of MS points.

Fandango HD would be sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Old C64 game called The Great Escape bsed on the film of the same name. It involved you skulking around a German POW camp dodging Guards and looking for items for your escape kit. Such a great concept would work so well with the MGS type engine out there.

Another oldie called Twilight 2000 based on the RPG of the same name. The Character creation process was perfect but unfortunately the gameplay was terrible.

Oh and a digital HD remake of TIE Fighter please. That would be awesome.

Thanks Santa :)

And SEAL Team as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

I would love to play a remake of Quake. I wouldn't really care if it incorporated modern FPS elements or not, just as long as it maintained the creepy atmosphere that pervaded the entire game. The sequels were just sequels in name only. Some HD gothic/medieval graphics would do nicely. Ripping a Vore to shreds with a nailgun would be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Any of the Legacy of Kain games.

The Gabriel Knight series as well, it'd be nice to see them all given a more polished look, it all ended up a bit of a mess.

System Shock 2 would be fantastic, only so I could actually play it on Windows Vista/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

quad_red wrote: »

As much as I adored Flashback, I just couldn't get into this one...
    Would love to see it remade only without the clunky controls and ****e (even at the time) graphics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Grayditch wrote: »
    They should remake Bomberman, but I dunno, with a more futuristic feel. More Holywood looking. Ooh, if they made the Bombermen look like Halo characters or something. Don't change the name. Still call it Bomberman, as playful as it is, it shouldn't cause any conflicts in the image. Think Boyzone gigging in their 40's, it's fine like.

Yeah!

They kinda done that already with Bomberman Act Zero, this guy doesn't like it

Advertisement