Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Blue grooming Galway- recommendations?

• 21-03-2011 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭

4 months in and we've progressed in leaps and bounds but now that my dogs hair has grown back I can see what I've let myself in for :eek:
    She's starting to get a bit matted, esp on around her lower chest and her legs. She's happy for me to brush her forever with a really soft brush (though she usually ends up in a state of bliss on her back:D) but anything harder and she'll get a bit antsy and move away from me. Obviously she doesn't shed so I know I need to keep on top of it and I don't want it to get to become uncontrollable. I've been cutting bits as I see them but I'm nervous of getting close to the skin.
    I'm happy to get her groomed properly if I could find someone who would also show me how to brush her properly, what best to use etc to prevent matts. I don't want her to look like a showdog... just to be controllable.
    I can't take her to petworld/ mania as she'll likely to want to kill any smaller animals she sees :eek: (we're working on it;)) and can be unpredictable with other dogs. At best she will still probably be very reactive to other dogs barking and could get very stressed in an environment with a lot going on so I'll need someone who will be patient in that regard. Other than that she's lovely :)
    I say kerry blue.... well the jury is still out. I think there's something else in there as I don't think she's curly enough, more wavy than curly, and her ears look wrong for kb. That said she looks a lot like the dog in this picture http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-33199993/stock-photo-clever-dog-kerry-blue-terrier-a-lies-on-a-grass.html but with a blacker head, feet and tail.
    So if anyone has any grooming tips for a dog with that kind of hair and/ or knows anyone who fits that particular grooming bill let me know. (or if anyone here does it themselves for that matter feel free to pm me).
    Galway/ South Mayo would suit.
    Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement