Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a good Burrito?

Options
  • 21-03-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

I've just moved over from London, where some good burrito places are popping up around the place. They're generally £5-£7, made with a large tortilla, choice of chicken/beef/pork/veg, pint/refried/black beans, sour cream, lettuce, cheese, guacamole and salsa.

On Patrick Street on Sunday from one of the stalls there I got a "burrito" made with a small tortilla, a couple of dollops of "sauce", chilli beef, lettuce and grated cheddar. I couldn't eat it, I shouldn't have even paid the €5 for it.

Is there place that does a good burrito, preferably a take away kind of place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yet to find a good one in Cork myself so I'm very interested in how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

blah wrote: »
    I've just moved over from London, where some good burrito places are popping up around the place. They're generally £5-£7, made with a large tortilla, choice of chicken/beef/pork/veg, pint/refried/black beans, sour cream, lettuce, cheese, guacamole and salsa.

On Patrick Street on Sunday from one of the stalls there I got a "burrito" made with a small tortilla, a couple of dollops of "sauce", chilli beef, lettuce and grated cheddar. I couldn't eat it, I shouldn't have even paid the €5 for it.

Is there place that does a good burrito, preferably a take away kind of place?

You could try Speedy Gonzales on the corner of North Main and Castle Street - it's part of Fast Als I think. Any House Burrito and a coke for a fiver. I've not been but a friend swears by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hope Cork gets a dedicated Burrito place soon!
    about 4 or 5 have sprung up in Dublin within the last year and all doing quite well from what I can see.
    Gap in the market there fellas....

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

evilivor wrote: »
    You could try Speedy Gonzales on the corner of North Main and Castle Street - it's part of Fast Als I think. Any House Burrito and a coke for a fiver. I've not been but a friend swears by it.

I went looking here tonight. I couldn't find Speedy Gonzales but Fast Al's is just a small place on the corner. They do pizza slices and nothing else.

The hunt continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

It's two doors up.

There's a place called Café Mexicana on Careys lane too.

No experience with either place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Speedy Gonzales was changed to Fast Al's Mexican Cantina.

I tried a burrito there a few months ago - it was pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Nothing compares to Chillangos in London.... hmmm might go there tomorrow at lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

there is a few hot food stalls on a friday by the entrance to TK Max. go in by the paul st side

jujibee wrote: »
    Speedy Gonzales was changed to Fast Al's Mexican Cantina.

I tried a burrito there a few months ago - it was pretty bad.

And now it's a kebab place. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Did you get a kebab?:pac: Was it any good?

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Did you get a kebab?:pac: Was it any good?

pffft Kebab

:mad:

I'll have to wait for when I'm back in London and get Chilango

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Burrito seems to be flavour of the month in Dublin I've noticed, surprised there's been nobody opening a Mexican take away down here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Check out Brendans Burritos down by the piers head in Blackrock every sunday!

Advertisement