Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Into It?

• 21-03-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, I'm 17 and I'm a guy and I reaaallyyy want to do a good musical this Summer! I just want to know how I should go about finding auditions for amateur ,usical productions??

Aims.ie is generally fairly crap for this stuff.

Any Advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You could contact the Drama League of Ireland (www.dli.ie) and ask them for a list of musical societys that they know of. from there get in touch with the societies or join them.

Be warned tho that most societies will expect you to join before auditioning. I know of one Dublin group who charge €120 to join.

Alternatively you can keep an eye out on this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055592478

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭jorg

I'm surprised you can't find anything on AIMS.IE. It has an extensive list of societies. It publicizes upcoming shows and groups can put up details of auditions. Theres also a forum on the site where you could ask your question.

Most societies take a break during the summer so there may not be a lot happening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

jorg wrote: »
    Most societies take a break during the summer so there may not be a lot happening.

This is true. Most groups take a break from June to August.

Advertisement