Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Lights - Where to get replacements?

• 21-03-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

I need to get a spot light and a headlight as the 2 of them blew tonight!:mad:

Is there anywhere around where if I buy it, they will fit it for me too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spotlight? Whats your car? A motor factor like Deeveys will supply them and they might even fit them if you smile and act all helpless, however certain models seem to be designed to make even changing a lightbulb a one hour of labour with special tools job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭wfman

halfords out by B&Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hellfords staff will probably ask you if you can fit the bulbs! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

It is a Ford Fiesta:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Deevys might, I can't think of names of places in Waterford off the top of my head as I normally get the hubby or the father to change the bulbs in our car (yes, I'm a woman too :) )

The only solid recommendation I would have off the top of my head is a bit far away from Waterford city, it's in Fiddown, so circa 12 miles out - Merry's garage. They're very pleasant and helpful there, I get a lot of work done with them, and they've even changed my wiperblades for me when I bought them even though that's a handy enough job to do yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Deevys do fitting, not cheap but not as expensive as Halfords which are over priced.

Scanlons just sell the parts, no fitting.

On a side note, changed the thread title as it makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

I got my brake lights fitted recently out in Halfords.

I had to get someone to do it, as the cover on my lights is very fiddly, and I had some trouble getting the cover off and back on.

The guy who did it was sound out, in fairness, there was no one in the shop and I'd say he was only delighted to have something to do.

7 euro, for 2 new bulbs and for fitting them, and the guy was so nice, a bit of polite banter, 2 seconds and it was done.

I know 7 euro seems steep, but I thought it was worth it, even just for the pleaseant manner of the guy. I've been to other places in town that do bulb changes and there were nowhere near as nice or as quick to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Other option is going to the makers local dealer. Wouldn't be much more expensive than Halfords especially worth it if it's in a hard to reach area.
    For an Astra you have to reach in by the front wheels :rolleyes:

Advertisement