Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kat Von D...

Options
  • 21-03-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

hello all, i was watching LA INK this evening, i don't have any tattoos but i would never rule it out! and Kat Von D is rather hot and all, i'm wondering how much it would cost to have a tattoo done by her? i know it depends on how much detail and time goes into it but i would imagine she charges well for any work she does??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

lol you wanna get inked by her cos she's hot?? lol

800e an hour i'd say now that she's all famous and stuff

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

From what I hear there's a mahoosive waiting list for her aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I'd rather get mine done by Ami James and Yoji! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I'd rather get mine done by Ami James and Yoji! :D
    "Hi i'd like to get this koi dragon...right well you'll actually you'll be leaving with an eagle"

^^ Ami james right there^^

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I read on another (international) tattoo forum that Kat Von D is charging $500 an hour.

Personally speaking my take is that she is certainly a competent tattooist, but she is not worth that. Maybe, just maybe, the likes of Filip Leu, Shige, Paul Booth and others who could make a fairly concrete claim to be among the top tier of contemporary tattooists could charge that, but IMO with Kat Von D you'd be paying for her celebrity not her ability.

With that said, I don't believe that tattooing and bargain-hunting should be mentioned in the same sentence together. It's for life, and IMO if you're sure that you want a particular artist I think it's a better idea to try and make it work than compromise based on money - even if that means putting it off for a year or two's savings. A hidden cost can be the travel too - that puts a whole new spin on things (flights, hotels etc). But if it's for the right tattooist....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

From the FAQ on her shop's website:
    KAT VON D
    I have submitted a request to be tattooed by Kat Von D, but have yet to hear back. Did my request go through? Yes. Kat Von D is our most requested artist. Due to her popularity and the extremely high volume of requests it will take her several months to get through the requests. She reviews the requests on a first come first serve basis so if you have not received a response chances are she just hasn't gotten to it yet. We thank you for your patience and understanding and we would like to encourage you to check out our other artists' portfolios in the meantime.
    HOW CAN I GET A PRICE QUOTE?
    Our pricing is not based on an hourly rate, but on a case by case basis - per piece. We take into consideration the subject of the tattoo, the placement on the body, the size, detail, etc. Because of all these factors we do not supply quotes over the phone. We have a $200 shop minimum, but please contact our artists our shop website to discuss details. You can also come in to the shop and talk to one of our shop managers or artists who would be more than happy to help you.

I like some of her work and all but it'll cost you a lot and take a long time for her to do a tattoo for you when there are much better artists out there. I also read somewhere (not sure if true or not) but that she'll only do tattoos she wants to do. So if she's not into your idea then she won't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

With the amount of quailty artists we have in this country and also a short flight over to England I just cant understand why anyone would want to spend all that money??

The travel expenses alone would see ya get one of the highest quaility peices from Remis or Jani or any of the other top artists here!

Is it just to say I got work done from kat von d??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I'd go more for the holiday in the US :pac:
    It would be a pretty cool experience all round. Go right overboard and treat yourself to a week over there and a funky tattoo you have always wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

unless it was a portrait id get mine off Chris Garver over her any day , you should watch Miami Ink. He has a website that you can get all the info off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

She's a poor mans Bob Tyrrell IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

agree completely with last 2 comments!!!! chris garver and bob tyrell all the way! there stuff outshines hers 110% :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

i'm in la for a tatt in 2 weeks time - not really into kat stuff - hopingto get mark mahoney in shamrock social - anyone know if i can email that store - cant find email anywhere on net/facebook

Advertisement