Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs?[Tralee area]

Options
  • 21-03-2011 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hiya,I've been recently looking for a job,well by recently i mean the last 9 months or so and i've tried every job site and fas and I can't find much..Does anyone know if there are any places looking for work(mainly retail?) for now or the summer?It would be a big help!
    thank you:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

I don't know of anything per se, but it might be worth your while keeping an eye on bigger places like Penny's and Heaton's.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tralee seems to be a big black hole jobs wise atm,I have been checking the courses on offer on the FAS website for the Tralee area,not a great choice,i was just wondering if i go into the FAS office would they have a more wider selection of courses available

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

there are very few jobs going in town at the moment, which is quite sad. There are the odd few advertised in Kerry's Eye each week, saw a few Chef jobs advertised and deli assistants, that was about it from last weeks paper, so hopefully there may be more this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Try using jobseeker.fas.ie. Found a good few jobs with it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Sometimes even just googling the words tralee and jobs in google.ie will point you to other job and recruitment sites apart from those mentioned below. It's tough out there, as for every post advertised, I'm sure there are dozens of qualified candidates who pounce on them so best of luck. Also, the old fashioned method of going door to door and popping into the Fas office might be an idea too. Not every employer who has current or future vacancies has organised advertising for them yet so why wait until the vacancies become public? ( call into every store in Manor and on the main streets of Tralee - start with the larger ones. I also suggest calling into every hotel, bar and restaurant - there has to be some turnover/vacancies in at least one or two establishments - even if it is just kitchen/wash up staff). I do think any job is better than no job for morale, sense of purpose and for filling in time gaps on your CV.

I think the whole country is a black hole job wise these days and not just Tralee. I know cash is king but maybe if it is feasible to alter your strategy by offering yourself voluntarily for a few months to companies that may consider such placements. Large office based companies may have trainee type clerical/office junior roles and might consider taking you on under short term unpaid arrangements that could eventually lead to paid employment. It will also look better on your CV. You shouldn't lose welfare entitlements under this set up. I know this isn't an attractive option right now but anything is better than being idle. Keep the faith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

retail I would imagine is still a question of going around to each place and asking. print out a load of cvs and coverletters and ask around after the first 1 or 2 rejections you can do it all day.:D

Advertisement