Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice place for lunch

Options
  • 22-03-2011 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice place for a light lunch in the city centre?:) It would be midweek btw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

cafe sofia in camden st beside the motorbike shop lovley grub and great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Dunne and crescenzi on south Fredrick street has always been a favourite of mine.

Heres a map as you don't mention if you are local.

EDIT: just remembered Il caffe di Napoli too. Both are Italian, both have good quality food at reasonable prices, they are popular for lunch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cornucopia on Wicklow Street do the most delicious salads.

http://www.cornucopia.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

+1 on cafe sofia - the staff in there are so lovely.

I like green19 on Camden street, cheap and cheerful

I also like cafe seven on Andrews street is a favourite of mine!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Green 19 is deadly for lunch, main for a tenner is class.
    Couple of nice spots on South William St, Clarendon is good imo.
    Boojum is a fave Mexican of mine on Millenium Walk, burrito and a drink for €7 at lunch I think, and as Ron Burgundy would say, "Man, this burrito is delicious, but it is filling!"
    Also tried Brasserie Sixty6 yesterday with a mate with a voucher for half price second main, really good, and free drink too. Got the voucher from this thread on Bargain Alerts: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056223948
    Couple more there too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

The Kylemore do up a good dish of fish and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Lahm wrote: »
    The Kylemore do up a good dish of fish and chips.

Oh FFS. Really? Can you not think of a new 'hilarious' reply to every thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Oslo in Connolly Station, most overlooked place around

Easy to get to and great food and cheap prices.
    They can make up any salad if that's what you want. They have a lovely mackeral salad for example

If it sounds like I'm schilling the place I'm there a few times every week!
    Not liking the waistline though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

wixfjord wrote: »
    Boojum is a fave Mexican of mine on Millenium Walk, burrito and a drink for €7 at lunch I think, and as Ron Burgundy would say, "Man, this burrito is delicious, but it is filling!"

No fair, now I'm craving a burrito and will be until I finally get one, that could be days from now!

you're evil you are... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

cosmic wrote: »
    Oh FFS. Really? Can you not think of a new 'hilarious' reply to every thread?

Listen some could say it's bad but I'm one of those who thinks it tastes nice.

How else would it be able to pay the rent if people didn't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Nearys pub on Chatham street (about 10 meters off the top of Grafton street) do sandwiches. Simple sandwiches, but done amazingly nice.

Advertisement