Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can be done to make Castlebar a better town?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Castlebardude

I have to say that I agree with the mods decision on this.
    I read the post when I received it as an email notification and although some of the ideas seemed good it certainly did not read as "Ideas from a man in the street". More like a well thought out business tender.

I'm not from Castlebar but I am from living in Mayo and used to enjoy shopping in Castlebar, but nowadays it's just a case of driving to the one or two shops for certain items and back home again.

This brought a smile to my face because I am not a business man just a man on the street with "ideas" but I'm going to take that as a compliment if you do'nt mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

This brought a smile to my face because I am not a business man just a man on the street with "ideas" but I'm going to take that as a compliment if you do'nt mind :)

Please do.:) It certainly was a well thought plan although, in my opinion, completely non-feasible.

I liked the idea by nuac that Flynn's idea of covering the Main street would keep those people waiting for buses to take them to Westport (for shopping, or pleasure?) at the weekends. That would really help Castlebar. Nice to have a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Castlebardude

Please do.:) It certainly was a well thought plan although, in my opinion, completely non-feasible.

I liked the idea by nuac that Flynn's idea of covering the Main street would keep those people waiting for buses to take them to Westport (for shopping, or pleasure?) at the weekends. That would really help Castlebar. Nice to have a sense of humour.

Well your welcome to come over to the Castlebar Home Page and discuss it over there as to what bits are not feasible (I want to get other peoples opinions in more detail).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I agree with yop and if you have issues with our decision you can message me or him, or both.
    Let's not derail this thread further, thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I have scanned thru this thread. Not too busy, less than a 100 posts in nearly two years.

Great majority of them are related to possible improvements or developments in Castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

nuac wrote: »
    I have scanned thru this thread. Not too busy, less than a 100 posts in nearly two years.

Great majority of them are related to possible improvements or developments in Castlebar.

I cannot see the mods' problem - surely these boards are fora for discussion?

Can you please return to topic, its not ideal to be questioning whether or not our decisions are your problem, both mods have checked the thread and agree the posts won't be allowed on here.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The bus stops down by Aldi now , unless you mean the buses leaving at 9.30pm onwards.

Advertisement