Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferret for sale and/or breeders in Leinster

• 22-03-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a male ferret in the Dublin area if possible although willing to travel if needed. The younger the better although I'd be interested in a young Gib already people trained.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Could get a few leads here!

http://www.irishferretforum.proboards.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Silvers-Ferret-Exotic-Bird-Sanctuary/113818801962303

If you check around the Dublin rescue centres they may possibly have a ferret needing a home? Worth a shot! They may be able to direct you to a place to get a ferret.

http://www.dspca.ie/

Best of luck Toasty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Ta Toni.

I'm on both of dem already tho cheers for that :)

Someone one here has alredy PM's me with info, looking to get 'em young :D

You lookin for one yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I'd love one! They are meant to be excellent wee pets.

But in fairness I'd love a pet rat and pet guinea pig too! Nevermind the fact I'd want a new dog and my cats to live with me Ha :D:pac:

Can't have anything at the moment as gonna be moving about and it's seriously hard finding shared rented places to accept pets. Though in fairness they might allow a guinea pig/ferret/rat sooner than a cat or dog. Hmmmm actually they prob wouldn't like the idea of a rat in the house! :o

There was a few previous threads about ferrets in this forum that's where I got the info for you but I didn't look past the first few so there may be more info further back if you do a search too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 McColl06

Looking for one myself if someone could PM me with the info! Pet shop here but I don't really trust the source.. I'm looking for a young male about 6-8 weeks old..

If you wait a couple of months there will be loads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 McColl06

I thought around now is when they breed. Not in any rush at all, it's just very hard to find breeders..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 laurat

I breed them just had a litter last week.. only 2 tho..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Where abouts in Dublin are you based Laura? :)

2 males??

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

if yous could get to some of the game/country fairs that be on during the summer there is always ferrets for sale, and cheap too.

hope this helps

Xplor.er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

I have just found this thread. I live in the country (Wexford). Can you direct me to anyone here who could tell me how to keep ferrets and hunt them? Please PM me if you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

michael you have PM

Advertisement