Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surge Protection

• 22-03-2011 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi Forum,

Hopefully I got the right forum for this.

I'm looking at buying a 'Standby Saver' See Here(Seen it in Tesco for €11 today). And I intend to buy a Belkin SurgeMaster, 1-Way SurgeCube, See Here

The plan is to plug all my appliances to the Standby Saver bridge, plug that into the Surge Master and plug the lot into the wall.

I am worried about surge protection, I have a 42inch LCD, an All In One Blu Ray Home Cinema, FreeSat PVR and a DVD Recorder soon to be replaced with a SaorView PVR when they come come out.

Is this enough protection for all my gear or should I go for a dedicated Surge Protection Power Bridge like this.

I really like the idea of having the Standby Saver. The 'Standby Saver' Website says on it's website that Surge REDUCTION is fitted. Reduction as opposed to protection is what's bothering me about it. What do ye reckon lads, is this combined with a Single socket surge protection up to the job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm running pretty much your proposed setup and it's grand. I've a heat pump that gives a good spike every time it switches on and it sometimes caused my computer to reboot, but not a bother now.

The ir power bar is very handy too, I recommend it. My av gear is in a cupboard so it's handy to switch it all off without struggling behind shelves.

Advertisement