Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What age are you too old to go to a nightclub?

• 22-03-2011 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

I reckon when you hit mid 20s the buzz is gone , especially if the club is full of drunk 18 years olds!..unless there drunk 18 year old girls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Honestly? I imagine it's when you realize no amount of alcohol will convince that 18 year old babe that she wants you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Honestly? I imagine it's when you realize no amount of alcohol will convince that 18 year old babe that she wants you.

The point of alcohol is not to convince 18 year old babes that they want you, but to convince yourself that they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

72 then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Console

Im mid 20s.
    am I alone on thinking that it depends on the pub/club? :(
    like if it majority consists of 18yo's get the hell outta there.

But if you range from 18-to late 20s... then its alright?

so i can get me some 18yo minge :cool:

The point of alcohol is not to convince 18 year old babes that they want you, but to convince yourself that they do.

Oh... I'll brb then. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

It's true, you get bored of clubs in no time, well i did anyway. There's is nothing better than a quiet drink with friends in a pub, or even better, outside a pub on a sunny day. No loud music, no bastard bouncers and no bastard teenagers. Just good conversation.

karlog wrote: »
    It's true, you get bored of clubs in no time, well i did anyway. There's is nothing better than a quiet drink with friends in a pub, or even better, outside a pub on a sunny day. No loud music, no bastard bouncers and no slutty teenagers. Just good conversation.

I edited your post to reflect why you dislike night clubs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

At an age when drink and hot chicks have no more appeal .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I got sick of nightclubs last year. (I'm 20).

Nothing better than a pub or a house party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I have boyish good looks so i will get away with it for a while. I dont really go to nightclubs that often though but their will be a day when i wont be able to darken the doors of coppers :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Clubs are OK now and again , but as was stated - nothing like a house party or lazy sunday in a pub with friends/other alcoholics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

well the plaza in tallaght i reckon 23 is too old....kid fest!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I'm 19 and I don't go clubbing so.... Whenever it's not fun. Which, for me is always when it comes to clubbing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I'm sick of them now and I'm only 20. Might be because there are only four in town and they're all sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It's all about the pubs.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I'm sick of them now and I'm only 20. Might be because there are only four in town and they're all sh1te.

This is why we invented naggins! Tell your friends to down a naggin or two before going out. ;)

Or...

Move out of the fu*king country :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Me and the college mates(all lads aged between 19-21) never really go clubbing anymore.

Our nights out consist of:

• Drinking games at the house/mates house
    • Late night bar with decent band
    • Dance the night away

Only really end up in clubs if it's someones birthday/special occasion and we are getting severely locked out of our heads :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tricks

major bill wrote: »
    well the plaza in tallaght i reckon 23 is too old....kid fest!!!!

I reckon 20 is too old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd only go to a club these days to see a DJ/Act I genuinely wanted to see live. Otherwise I couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

once you hit ur mid twenties you get tired of it. I prefer a quiet drink with a few mates and background music than to be stuck in a club with some drenched with sweat, scumbag 20 year old lad dancing his balls off on the dancefloor high on E; who'd glass you in a second if you bumped into him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You're only as old as the teenager you are perving on.

once you hit ur mid twenties you get tired of it. I prefer a quiet drink with a few mates and background music than to be stuck in a club with some drenched with sweat, scumbag 20 year old lad dancing his balls off on the dancefloor high on E; who'd glass you in a second if you bumped into him.

It depends. I've dance with a few women in their 30s and whatnot.

But as for the thing about 20 year olds on the old X, yeah, you just avoid those clubs.

I'm 22 at the moment, and I have to admit, I've never seen, nor understood, the appeal of clubs.

Though that said, I don't really drink much. Once a year or so, if on holiday. But even then, the only reason I'd go near a club is because they're open later.

Having your lips pressed against someones ear, shouting at the top of your voice, hurting your throat, and them still not able to hear you. Load of shite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

into my 30's feels more like niteclub territory, or so i thought but when i started going to em a few month back i kept bumping into my uncle

ladies if u are approached by a 60yr old harvey keitel lookalike asking "do you like cock?" i do apologize :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Started going to clubs when I was 14. I'm in my late 20's now and just want peace and quiet, maybe a blowjob, but thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I say around 29, I mean for God sake you're basically one foot in the grave at that stage ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

tricks wrote: »
    I reckon 20 is too old.

nope 16 is too old for most clubs now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Started going to clubs when I was 14. I'm in my late 20's now and just want peace and quiet, maybe a blowjob, but thats it.

there is probably a cream for that

I used to go all the time.. Never to score, just to be messy with mates. Now, I'd only goto proper Dj nights which I don't put in the same bracket as clubbing.

• Advertisement

There defienely over-rated, a late bar does the trick if you need a few late drinks, and no standing around for 3 hours after the club closes in a Q of 500 people all holding a ticket in there hands to get there jackets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

I worked with a girl who's granny (middle to late 60's) used to go out to nightclubs at the weekend.
    Seeing as you are all saying you stop going to clubs in your late 20's maybe the 60 year olds are taking it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

never liked nightclubs. the idea of a load of drunk kids dancing like retards to bad music and then fighting about it never appealed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Completely depends on the club :)
    If it's a proper dance club then 40/50 isn't too old but if it's a cheesy drunken nightclub playing chart music then 16-20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm 26 and I've always felt too old for nightclubs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm 26 and I've always felt too old for nightclubs.

Same here. Went out at the weekend there and felt completely out of place.

Also, the music is shyte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I'm 23 and I have felt out of place in clubs for the past 2 years, I think when you see people who were only in first year when you were in leaving cert in a nightclub beside you then its time to give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A marvelous invention known as late bars has negated the need for same for many years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm 26 and I can't stand them. Our local nightclub was the last one I was in, that was New Year's Eve for a special 'dinner + dance + hotel' deal and we stayed in there for I'd say five minutes (luckily it was free in for us) - it was just full of teenagers and probably under-agers too.

Used to be mad for nightclubs but I've mellowed out a bit and since I'm in a long-term relationship I can't see any benefit of getting sloshed and dancing away for most of the night. Plus the music, Taio Cruz can f**k off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Once you discover the joys of earplugs clubs begin to seem bearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I prefer to just head out with a few mates for some food around 9 or 10, hit the pubs around 11 or midnight and chill out there for 5 or 6 hours. At least you can have a proper conversation and can see the people you are talking to in the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

jester77 wrote: »
    I prefer to just head out with a few mates for some food around 9 or 10, hit the pubs around 11 or midnight and chill out there for 5 or 6 hours. At least you can have a proper conversation and can see the people you are talking to in the pub.
    Pubs close early here. Its shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Bored of clubs at 20?

Youth really is wasted on the young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

At an age when drink and hot chicks have no more appeal .....

^^ what my evil twin said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

26 this week and its a few nice Ale's in a quietish pub to celebrate.. home early to get the slippers on and the feet up...

Living the dream guys, living the dream!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

I used to go all the time.. Never to score, just to be messy with mates. Now, I'd only goto proper Dj nights which I don't put in the same bracket as clubbing.

What's the difference between clubbing and dj nights then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If it's based on the kind of music they play in there I'd say 13.

I have never been in a nightclub in Ireland that I've thought was worth the effort of going to, all of them without exception are complete shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When your presence is assumed by the staff to be to find a son/daughter.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

jackiebaron, I think the poster meant proper DJ sets like Tiesto, 2 Many DJ's, Oakenfold etc. rather than the ****e that's pumped out in most Irish clubs.

Mid 20s seems to be the age ...going by this the replys.

What about OXEGEN festival? Is there an age that you would be seen as 'old' if you went?! someone told me 26 -27 is the age when you should stop going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

When your worried about bumping into your Daughter on a night out it's probably time to call it a day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement