Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Query

Options
  • 22-03-2011 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

My Auntie died recently and there is now nobody living in this house so i was just wondering how i can do the following,:

I want to just have a landline, i just want to recieve calls but not make them, the reason i need a landline is because i am getting an alarm installed in the house with monitoring So there may be an issue here about Just recieving calls

How easy will it be for me to get eircom to do this as i am only a nephew and acting on behalf of the family ,

Is it Up to the family to notify Eircom that this person has passed away particulary if they were in reciept of social welfare discounts and would tthis also apply for ESB and Gas etc ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

faolteam wrote: »
    My Auntie died recently and there is now nobody living in this house so i was just wondering how i can do the following,:

I want to just have a landline, i just want to recieve calls but not make them, the reason i need a landline is because i am getting an alarm installed in the house with monitoring So there may be an issue here about Just recieving calls

How easy will it be for me to get eircom to do this as i am only a nephew and acting on behalf of the family ,

Is it Up to the family to notify Eircom that this person has passed away particulary if they were in reciept of social welfare discounts and would tthis also apply for ESB and Gas etc ?

Hi faolteam,

Can you private message me with the telephone number that your Aunt had or the address and I can check that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

and if u can answer what you can out of my query please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

faolteam wrote: »

Hi faolteam,

eircom do hope next of kin do notify us if an account holder has passed away as we will only continue to send bills as normal.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement