Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin divide poster

Options
  • 22-03-2011 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

http://www.connect.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=187099878000313&set=a.103367816373520.2526.101359523241016

I was listening to an amusing episode of adrian kennedy phoneshow tonight and they were talking about this poster and asking people to give their opinion on their Northside/Southside neighbours. some of the comments were so ignorant they were funny.

question is would this picture offend you or is it all just abit of banter and what do you really think of your neighbours over the bridge? do you think there is a differance in social backgrounds or is it all just aload of immature bollox?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

major bill wrote: »
    http://www.connect.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=187099878000313&set=a.103367816373520.2526.101359523241016

I was listening to an amusing episode of adrian kennedy phoneshow
    tonight and they were talking about this poster and asking people to give their opinion on their Northside/Southside neighbours. some of the comments were so ignorant they were funny.

question is would this picture offend you or is it all just abit of banter and what do you really think of your neighbours over the bridge? do you think there is a differance in social backgrounds or is it all just aload of immature bollox?.
    shotgun to the face time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

If offends me that Safari can't open that link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

shotgun to the face time

I know hardly the rolls royce of radio discussion shows:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

thats just shit, isnt even funny :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It's the only radio show where the cranks outnumber the genuines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I know hardly the rolls royce of radio discussion shows:P
    I used to listen as a young impressionable lad. But anytime I hear it now it makes me shudder. He is an awful man. And the Sidekick is just as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Its just banter. Now its time to see what the northsiders have up their sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

This guy pays for a billboard ad and gets radio and internet advertising free..........nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

KissD4.ie, wtf is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Who is name search turns up this..

Bang on productions LTD

Grand Canal Theatre
    Grand Canal
    Dublin 2

Looks like an advertisement for some sort of drama . Southside VS Northside.

TBH also, both sides of the City have there dodgy parts and in fairness I think the Southside is alot worse for them.

Also there is nothing wrong with the phoneshow, it's just a bit of crack. If you want serious, there is plenty of that on the radio. Newstalk, RTÉ and various Community stations

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

This is really, REALLY getting old at this stage. Comparable to a discarded ****-tissue left under the bed 6 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The real divide is East vs West.

OutlawPete wrote: »

Guy in Howth:

"Bloody knackers in Clonsilla".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

This is really, REALLY getting old at this stage. Comparable to a discarded ****-tissue left under the bed 6 months ago.

About 6 months old so?

Einhard wrote: »
    About 6 months old so?

I'm just trying to convey the general disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

KissD4.ie, wtf is that?
    Keep it south side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

For sensible people from the Northside/Southside, the whole thing is very much tongue-in-cheek and really is just a bit of banter.

Unfortunately, the typical caller on The Adrian Kennedy Phone Show is fairly deficient in the irony hormone and it's fairly safe to assume they're deadly serious about the perceived dichotomy.
    shotgun to the face time
    If taken with a generous pinch of salt, it can be a pretty good laugh with a few beers and spliffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im not getting involved in a north vs south debate as it breaches the charter. all i will say is that poster is silly. there is good and bad areas all over dublin. east. west. north. south

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Goal of any advertiser to get more publicity. With that radio show and I suppose this thread, goal achieved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tahuti

True.

It's an economic divide between those who live on the coast and those further inland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

northsideandsouthside1.jpg

We're on both sides of the river. West Dublin to me is Blach, Tallaght, Ballyfermot, Palmerstown, Lucan, Inchicore etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

White guys have names like Lenny, whereas black guys have names like Carl

Seems to be some sort of promo marketing campaign bullsh*tters who are no doubt delighted with the publicity they have generated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Exactly. North East has some really nice areas and parts of South West are as bad as anything you'll find on the Northside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Did anyone read that Redrawing Dublin book that came out recently? I found it interesting that the 'North/South divide' was something picked up on by one or two new Dubs from afar. It's pretty tiresome.
    Exactly. North East has some really nice areas and parts of South West are as bad as anything you'll find on the Northside.

Yep. Amazingly, not everyone south of the Liffey does the weekly shop in Marks and Sparks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Some of the comments;

"Stacey Nolan Haha Northsides R De Best We Dont Walk Around Stuck Up R On Holes Nd Soo Wha Iff We Do Were Pjs Der De Best :D
    18 hours ago · 4 people like this"

"Tara Goulding Half of these ticks from the southside commenting on this are probley sitting around all day scratching their holes and collecting the labour and there saying wer knackers!!!! TICKS
    18 hours ago · 2 people like this"

"Keith Smyth South side fellas think there mad doing rugby and wearing there manky shoes and and canteburry bottoms :) stylin or what yas are fools
    17 hours ago · 1 person likes this"

"Jessie Mahady well all be on crimecall next week , for bullyin tha yunfella :L
    17 hours ago · 1 person"

The pettiness is summed up right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Some of the comments;

"Stacey Nolan Haha Northsides R De Best We Dont Walk Around Stuck Up R On Holes Nd Soo Wha Iff We Do Were Pjs Der De Best :D

"Tara Goulding Half of these ticks from the southside commenting on this are probley sitting around all day scratching their holes and collecting the labour and there saying wer knackers!!!! TICKS

"Keith Smyth South side fellas think there mad doing rugby and wearing there manky shoes and and canteburry bottoms :) stylin or what yas are fools

17 hours ago · 1 person"

im sure its in equal measure

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Some of the comments;

17 hours ago · 1 person"

my eyes are bleeding :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I was listening to an amusing episode of adrian kennedy phoneshow tonight...

No such thing!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fivestar

we need to have a sense of humour, it's just a bit of craic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Seems to have done the trick that the advertisers were hoping for, free publicity on a talk show with a rather large audience and sure we're talking about it here

Advertisement