Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee To Go Scones

Options
  • 22-03-2011 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

I spent the last year working beside Coffee to Go and I loved their scones, as did a lot of people by the queue out the door. But I'm now in Sydney and have not come across any thing like them.

I was very fond of the raspberry scones so if anyone one has any suggested recipes I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I don't have a recipe for Raspberry scones, but I do have one of the tastiest scone recipe's on the planet. It's a Lemon and Ginger scone. Asbolutely Fab. If you're interested I'll post the recipe. Stunning with a cup of coffee or tea or just on their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Ooh recipe please!:)

Eviledna wrote: »
    Ooh recipe please!:)

Lemon and Ginger Scones

Yield: 8 scones

Ingredients

280g all purpose flour

50 g granulated white sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

113g unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes

70g crystallized ginger, chopped into small pieces

1 large lemon's zest (2-3 teaspoons)

160 ml buttermilk

Method

Preheat oven to 200 C and place rack in middle of oven. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Cut the butter into small pieces and blend into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs.

Stir in the chopped crystallized ginger and lemon zest.

Add the buttermilk to the flour mixture and stir just until the dough comes together. Do not over mix the dough.

Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead dough gently four or five times and then pat the dough into a circle that is about 7 inches round and about 3.75 cm thick.
    Cut this circle in half, then cut each half into 4 triangles.
    Place the scones on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk if desired.

Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

152785.jpg

Recipe adapted from www.joyofbaking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Lornen wrote: »
    I don't have a recipe for Raspberry scones, but I do have one of the tastiest scone recipe's on the planet. It's a Lemon and Ginger scone. Asbolutely Fab. If you're interested I'll post the recipe. Stunning with a cup of coffee or tea or just on their own!

Thanks for the recipe, lemon and ginger sound interesting, I've eaten a few ginger nut biscuits in my time so why not give this a shot! Thanks.

alfalad wrote: »
    Thanks for the recipe, lemon and ginger sound interesting, I've eaten a few ginger nut biscuits in my time so why not give this a shot! Thanks.

No problem :) The combination sounds a bit off, I was worried at first, but seriously, the crystallized ginger softens down and it lovely and sweet, not much heat behind it and the lemon makes it very fragrant and light.
    Would love to see how you get on with the recipe. All the best!

• Advertisement
Advertisement