Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer lingus flight 1.99e ... taxes & chargers 63e

• 22-03-2011 4:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

Why the hell would they rip you off so obviously? "OH WOW flight is only 1.99, I'm going to buy it and not notice the tax..."

What's the story behind these taxes anyways, they can't be accurate as they vary massively for every flight, and they vary in a predictable way ie. cheap flight massive taxes, expensive flight cheap taxes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

0verblood wrote: »
    Why the hell would they rip you off so obviously? "OH WOW flight is only 1.99, I'm going to buy it and not notice the tax..."

What's the story behind these taxes anyways, they can't be accurate as they vary massively for every flight, and they vary in a predictable way ie. cheap flight massive taxes, expensive flight cheap taxes.

Depends on what airport you are flying from and what airport you are flying to.

UK air taxes are very high, so a return flight to the UK will have taxes from about €40 to over €70 (London City)

Airlines cannot advertise tax exclusive fares, so the only way you can see a €1.99 fare is on their website booking system.

Charges can be made up of some or all of the following

Government Taxes (UK = from £12 to £170, Ireland = €3)
    Landing Charges
    Departure Charges
    Security Charges
    Insurance Charges
    Passenger handling charges
    Late night/Early Morning landing/departure charges

All of the above have nothing to do with the airline.

and then the airlines own credit card "processing" fees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Every Airport charges fees for the use of the Airport,

i.e. Kerry airport is not going to be the same price as Amsterdam airport for example.

Each airport advertises their prices on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Trampas

AL never do the no taxes seats like Ryanair.

why i don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

What is the ''1.99e''? Don't know what you mean by the ''e''.... You mean EUR, right? If so, it would be nice if you included the € symbol or the ISO abbreviation (EUR) when referring to it, as it would be helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Skopzz wrote: »
    What is the ''1.99e''? Don't know what you mean by the ''e''.... You mean EUR, right? If so, it would be nice if you included the € symbol or the ISO abbreviation (EUR) when referring to it, as it would be helpful.

To be fair I think the 1.99e although not being the correct way of putting it. It is very clear as to what the OP is referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Well in fairness he's not talking about elephants,it's pretty safe to assume it's €

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Its all in the small print, hence the little * on the advert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Cop on FFS.

pedantic.png

Well in fairness he's not talking about elephants,it's pretty safe to assume it's €

ASSUME - exactly, you said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Skopzz, show a little cop on, you're making yourself look foolish. If you really didn't know that 1.99e was meaning €1.99, on a thread about pricing, then you need to seek help. Your posts are trollish at best, and just plain nonsense at worst.

jor el wrote: »
    Skopzz, show a little cop on, you're making yourself look foolish. If you really didn't know that 1.99e was meaning €1.99, on a thread about pricing, then you need to seek help. Your posts are trollish at best, and just plain nonsense at worst.

Actually, I didn't. No doubt a barrage of replies followed, which was regrettable. Like that from cork45 who didn't care to properly read my post. An unusual reply from others as well, so I'll assume that constructive criticism is offensive to many people on this thread.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

This thread has gone way off topic and is just a slagging match now so I'm closing it. If you want to discuss this, open another thread and stay on topic this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement