Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pissed meal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Lately iv been having a bag of chips in a wrap with beans and coleslaw.

But I have had:

• a block of cheese
    • raw carrots dipped into crunchy peanut butter
    • beetroot straight from the jar.....yuck.
    Il pretty much eat anything when im pissed.....except cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Pace2008 wrote: »
    This looked like a winner till I remembered American-style (and pretty much anywhere-outside-of-Ireland-style) bacon and sausages are absolutely putrid.

An understandable position since the Irish seem to be the most seasoning-averse people in the world. There is more to sausage than ground meat! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Tzar Gringo

sausages? i relish em

some of the best homemade relish can be obtained at markets here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Home-cremated Dr.Oetker pizza.

That's my next-day hungover food. The mozarello one. That is the best pizza in the world :)

i had an Dr. oetker ristorante once. worst excuse for a pizza i ever had, can't believe they even have an ad campaign

bad, folks.

• Advertisement

Paddy's night I got a hotdog (haven't a clue where from) and I remember staring at it really lovingly thinking what an amazing hotdog it was and how I don't think I'll ever taste a hot dog as good again. Then I woke up covered in mustard.

Anyway, my answer is hotdogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Vindaloo after a feed of Guinness.

It's lovely when you're eating it, but your arse will be like the Japanese flag the next day.

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    Anyway, my answer is hotdogs!

i wish i could return to 1901. Deutsch Doodle Dang is the daddy

i wish i could return to 1901. Deutsch Doodle Dang is the daddy

*drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Made chicken tikka masala from scratch on Paddy's nite last week,was lovely!

Also once made fried sea bass with garlic and cherry tomatoes when drunk last summer but projectile vommited it up at about 6am that morning.

Chicken fried rice from Charlies across the road from Whelans is also lovely when I've been out drinking in town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Once made fried sea bass with garlic and cherry tomatoes when drunk last summer but projectile vommited it up at about 6am that morning.

Terrible waste of Bass. I'd blame the garlic and tomatoes.

Pissed? Hungry? Any half decent '3 Min' Noodles'.

Job done! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think some have the wrong idea of 'pissed ' posting recipes .People drunk are not capable of cooking ,seriously .
    it has to be curry chips ,I have never had a good kebab in this counrty but in England loved kebabs.
    I have ,although been reduced to cat biscuits and a stale beetroot sandwich in the past.

eternal wrote: »
    I have never had a good kebab in this country

then find yerself a good lebanese restaurant.

g'nite ;-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Being fair, cooking while drunk is one of the best things to experience. Everything tastes good no matter how outragous it seems, and you feel like Gordon Ramsey when you successfully combine banana, horseradish, ketchup, rashers and stale bread - until the next morning when you puke it up or when the mother or gf etc give you grief for making shít of the kitchen

/man speaking from experience!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I have seen people nearly burn kitchens down cooking while drunk so its something I dont agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What, being an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I make amazing fry ups when I'm semi-pissed. Used to get home about 6am and start at it. Got banned from doing it at home though, the smell used wake up the parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

An understandable position since the Irish seem to be the most seasoning-averse people in the world. There is more to sausage than ground meat! :mad:
    No, but we do have quality ingredients and its a joy to taste the flavour of great meat, rather than drowning it out with "seasoning".

A nice grass fed organic Irish side of beef or a bland hormone and corn-fed steer from the states are different things, and one of them doesnt require massive amounts of seasoning to make it palatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Khyra24

I don't have any meals after I'm drunk. I just pass out for hours o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Doner Kebab and chips. End of story.

However, recently I have started getting a Doner Meal, it's the doner meat, chips and salad in a box with all the sauces over them. Its a kebab without the cursing yourself next morning because you've ruined your clothes.

I never vary from that, (the kebab shop is the only place still open at that time in my town) it's gotten to such a stage now that when the lads behind the counter see me coming in the door, they don't even ask me what i want, they just nod and get it for me ha. and what's betteri s ya get a can of coke free with it! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

When I lived in manchester I used to religiously go to this Kebab place down Curry Mile called Sangams.

I was pissed, so I might not have been thinking straight... but at the time I thought it was god-like food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I cant eat when im drunk. I just want to get home and go to bed. There's just no room fo eats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

A zaytoon chicken shish, a Ricks burger, a Rays pizza, garlic cheesey chips or a spicey curry with peshwari naan please Santa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

No, but we do have quality ingredients and its a joy to taste the flavour of great meat, rather than drowning it out with "seasoning".

A nice grass fed organic Irish side of beef or a bland hormone and corn-fed steer from the states are different things, and one of them doesnt require massive amounts of seasoning to make it palatable.

I regularly bought great sausage from Irish butchers, but I found that most of the sausage served with Irish breakfast was pretty bland. If I'm going to eat something that fatty, I'd rather it had some flavor to it. Hell, at least smoke the damn things.

Enjoying the flavor of the meat is great when it comes to steak, but sausage is essentially made from the weird leftover parts, and as such needs some kind of additional seasoning or flavor, whether through smoking or adding spices.

I know that, god forbid, anyone say anything remotely critical of anything Irish, but for most non-Irish people it's a pretty objective fact that the food in Ireland is very under-seasoned. This has nothing to do with the quality of ingredients and everything to do with how they are prepared.

But I guess this all matter less when drunk. Basically anything salty and greasy tastes ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

A nice aul chicken dipper sambo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Charlies chinese, food of the gods when im drunky, wouldnt touch it sober though tbh.

Mizzoni pizza also hits the spot, or a particularly messy subway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I know that, god forbid, anyone say anything remotely critical of anything Irish, but for most non-Irish people it's a pretty objective fact that the food in Ireland is very under-seasoned. This has nothing to do with the quality of ingredients and everything to do with how they are prepared.

The likes of Aldi and Lidl are addressing that, and pretty effing quickly. When we had Dunnes and Quinnsworth (and Tesco) it was only the rare speciality shops that would import stuff like that. Stuff like the olive shop in the English Market being an example of something that seemed amazingly foreign when it first arrived in the early nineties. And even up to four years ago I have memories of my parents bringing back pizza oil from France. The big shops just didn't take a risk on that stuff. But with Aldi and Lidl seeing no harm in bringing what they're already selling in their mainland European markets over here, they're finding that there is a market for it here in Ireland. And it's great, we now have the best of the (cheap) continental foods, and the traditional Irish foods and brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I regularly bought great sausage from Irish butchers, but I found that most of the sausage served with Irish breakfast was pretty bland. If I'm going to eat something that fatty, I'd rather it had some flavor to it. Hell, at least smoke the damn things.

Enjoying the flavor of the meat is great when it comes to steak, but sausage is essentially made from the weird leftover parts, and as such needs some kind of additional seasoning or flavor, whether through smoking or adding spices.

But I guess this all matter less when drunk. Basically anything salty and greasy tastes ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS.
    I think most Irish food could do with a bit more flavour but to me, rashers and sausages taste better as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Half and half (or 2 in 1 to non Monaghan people) with curry and onions or pizza d'or pizza.

Cooking at home drunk is usually chips with gravy and onions or strips of pitta bread deep fried dipped in garlic mayo. Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

it's a pretty objective fact that the food in Ireland is very under-seasoned.

In fairness, I think it's a pretty objective fact that the food in the States barely qualifies as food

Advertisement