Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Contract

Options
  • 22-03-2011 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I went into Telsta to set up my Home broad band on a 24 month contract, I was able to fufill the 100 points of ID by using my passport, eftpos and a bank statement however when the lady checked my passport my visa (WHV) is set to expire next october so she couldnt put me on the plan, fair enough.

However I am currently in the process of getting sponsored, my company have nominated me, but I dont want to wait around for this to come through to get my internet.. it could be a couple of months..

I have applied for my WA drivers licence which I should get shortly I can use this as a primary source of ID along with my credit card I will fulfill the 100 points of ID and I wont have to show my passport, would this be accepted and I could get my broadband set up or would my details be saved in the system and my visa status have been flagged?

Basically im wondering is it possible to get around the system in this respect? I have no intention of breaking my contract but I really dont want to wait around until my visa comes through to get hooked up..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

At the moment i have to do verification calls for Optus as part of my job and if they fail to meet the criteria they can not apply for three months so the details may be stored on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Can you not use Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband - Telstra until the visa comes through .

Advertisement