Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 pricing

Options
  • 22-03-2011 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey there!

Hope the title makes sense - but basically the parents-in-law have recently had a break in. They have an old aritech cs350 alarm and want to add to it. At the moment there are contacts on the doors and there's an alarm panel and a PIR sensor in the hall (it's a bungalow).

What they want to do is add contacts to 12 windows, and maybe put a panic button in their room and get a key fob. They've been quoted 1250 euro for this work - they're in their 70's and I think that quote sounds huge (especially when I look at what it cost me to put a new alarm in my house).

Would anyone be able to help? Am I wrong and is that price a decent one? If not, if anyone knows a reputable alarm installer that deals with the aritech alarm in North County Dublin, could you PM me please?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For keyfob usage you would be changing the panel.
    can you be more precise as to what they are being quoted for?
    Users here are not allowed quote or offer quotes for their own business. .
    Take a look at the Suppliers and Installers sticky. You will get some contact details there.
    There is also a link to PSA register of all licenced installers.
    As always, I would recommend getting a few quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hey there!

Hope the title makes sense - but basically the parents-in-law have recently had a break in. They have an old aritech cs350 alarm and want to add to it. At the moment there are contacts on the doors and there's an alarm panel and a PIR sensor in the hall (it's a bungalow).

What they want to do is add contacts to 12 windows, and maybe put a panic button in their room and get a key fob. They've been quoted 1250 euro for this work - they're in their 70's and I think that quote sounds huge (especially when I look at what it cost me to put a new alarm in my house).

Would anyone be able to help? Am I wrong and is that price a decent one? If not, if anyone knows a reputable alarm installer that deals with the aritech alarm in North County Dublin, could you PM me please?

It does sound expensive but without knowing the full spec of what they are doing it is hard to know if you are getting a good price.
    Can you give us more info of what system he is installing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭uptowngirly

Sorry for not replying to this yesterday!

They were being quoted for an upgraded panel, a wireless key fob - wireless contacts on all windows (12 windows in total with 20 openings if that makes sense) and a digi-dialler.

They have decided that they're not going to upgrade the alarm at all now. The price terrified them and I did say they should get a couple of quotes from reputable suppliers and I would organise that for them (with the help of the supplier list!!!) but they're convinced they can't afford it, even at a cheaper price.

Shame really.

I'm at planning permission stage and I've already picked out what alarm I want - the pretty signet 220!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sorry for not replying to this yesterday!

They were being quoted for an upgraded panel, a wireless key fob - wireless contacts on all windows (12 windows in total with 20 openings if that makes sense) and a digi-dialler.

They have decided that they're not going to upgrade the alarm at all now. The price terrified them and I did say they should get a couple of quotes from reputable suppliers and I would organise that for them (with the help of the supplier list!!!) but they're convinced they can't afford it, even at a cheaper price.

Shame really.

I'm at planning permission stage and I've already picked out what alarm I want - the pretty signet 220!!

If the panel is being upgraded from a wired to a totally wire free system then the price might be a good one. A good option with the HKC Securewave is adding wired devices on to the wire free sensors which may help reduce the cost as these wired sensors cost a lot less than the wire free version.

The best advice is to get a few quotes as it sounds like the price has being based on a whole wire free system.

Advertisement