Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend mobile network?

Options
  • 22-03-2011 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm thinking of moving mobile network. I'm looking for peoples experiences with other networks, who would you recommend, or who have you had problems with. I'm with vodafone at the minute.

Because I have a home phone/work phone and broadband I'm a moderate user of my mobile. I currently don't have a smart phone, but my current phone does have internet access, which I rarely use as its not that great to navigate on my current model (which is a few years old at this stage).

I'm currently with Vodafone bill pay, but I'm unhappy with some of the charges, I've asked to go back to pay as you go about 3 times now, and they keep coming back to me saying my current bill pay method is cheaper!! I keep telling them it isn't, its nearly twice as much, so after about 2 months of not giving me what I asked for (even if they are right, and my request is to my own detriment), I've decided its time to look at what else is available out there, so any suggestions would be most welcome

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

CBBB wrote: »
    I'm thinking of moving mobile network. I'm looking for peoples experiences with other networks, who would you recommend, or who have you had problems with. I'm with vodafone at the minute.

Because I have a home phone/work phone and broadband I'm a moderate user of my mobile. I currently don't have a smart phone, but my current phone does have internet access, which I rarely use as its not that great to navigate on my current model (which is a few years old at this stage).

I'm currently with Vodafone bill pay, but I'm unhappy with some of the charges, I've asked to go back to pay as you go about 3 times now, and they keep coming back to me saying my current bill pay method is cheaper!! I keep telling them it isn't, its nearly twice as much, so after about 2 months of not giving me what I asked for (even if they are right, and my request is to my own detriment), I've decided its time to look at what else is available out there, so any suggestions would be most welcome

thanks

It's very hard to recommend one but I can tell you my experience and suggest some ideas. I was with O2 for 14 years and found their Customer care excellent. I can't fault that. Signal was good but I live in dublin so I'd expect it to be. I left them recently as I felt as a bill pay customer I was no longer getting good value. So I moved to three. For the two weeks I've been with them I've had zero problems. Porting went very well and signal is as good if not better then O2 where I live, work and play. What little experience I have had with customer care I can't fault either. I found their bill pay options excellent which is why I moved. Go to each site and have a look at what they're offering you. (Webtexts, free credit, data, free calls etc...) Also contact your current provider telling them you might switch and see if they offer you anything to stay.
    www.vodafone.ie
    www.three.ie
    www.meteor.ie
    www.O2.ie
    www.emobile.ie
    www.tescomobile.ie

I'd recommend getting free sims off each network. Some offer them free others charge a small fee. Test their signal where you live and work. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CBBB

thanks for that, I live in Dublin, so thankfully coverage should not be an issue, 3 looks like good value too, I'll look through them all later.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

CBBB wrote: »
    thanks for that, I live in Dublin, so thankfully coverage should not be an issue, 3 looks like good value too, I'll look through them all later.

C

No problem. Any queries post back here or in the three section:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1367

Advertisement