Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Bus to school

Options
  • 22-03-2011 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering does anyone use the Dublin Bus service from Charlesland to bring kids to school in Greystones Village??
    I looked at timetables and they seem to be fairly few and far apart.
    I need to find a solution to a problem, my au pair who starts in May does not drive, and we both work full time. It is too far to walk (to st Kevins) and there are no school bus services that I know of.
    All advice welcome please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Walking to greystones with 2 young kids would take about 45 mins so probably not ideal (especially if raining) the bus is not ideal wither as not only are the buses irregular, they are always either very early or very late so chances are you might miss it some mornings.

Best bet would be to see if there are any other children living in charlesland and maybe contact a local hackney service with a mini bus. Maybe if you have enough to full it, you could make some arrangement to do school runs. fares to greystones are about 6 euro so if there are 12 kids using it, it works out a 1 euro a day per child (return)

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

there is a school bus to the educate together school I think

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Thanks, will have to put some thought into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

The 08.05 184 bus from Newtownmountkennedy would be your best bet. I'm not sure what time it would arrive in Charlesland at but if it's like the earlier buses then it will be regular. There is a later bus at 8.35 a.m. but it's probably cutting it a bit fine for school!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Depends on what time school starts (they are all different) but there is a bus at 8.25am from Charlesland, and another at 8.55am. There used be an off-schedule one at 8.40 (not on the timetable) but I think they pulled it. The 84 goes by the top of Charlesland (through the bush) but not sure if the timing would be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

this maybe?

Kangaroo-Plus-5-Cargo-Bikes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Finnegans used to run school service to all the Greytones schools when mine were at Primary. Maybe they do one from Charlesland now, and, if not, they'd be worth contacting as surely there'd be a demand. That's Eugene Finnegans, Boghall Road, Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Finnegans don't do it anymore, i am now looking at the new bus service but if only they did a run back at time school finishes!! never know they might realise it is a good idea.

Advertisement