Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Meteor credit card charge

Options
  • 22-03-2011 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me. I signed up for Meteor broadband back in September on a contract of €20 a month, within 6 weeks I had managed to run up a bill of over €600. I had not gone over my 15GB by much and had received no warning of exceeding my limit or bill.

The case has been ongoing since then between myself, Meteor and the bank. Meteor agreed to refund it but still haven't. The amount is still on my credit card accruing interest. Meteor are saying they never received the money, the bank are saying they can't take it off the credit card as it needs to be paid. I am a broke student with absolutely no income and this has been the source of a lot of stress. It is not acceptable.

I want to know if anyone has had ANY experience like this as I really want to take action and from my 20+ calls to them, I have found out that this is quite a common problem that has happened a fair few people. Please let me know if you have had any problems with Meteor broadband as I really need help in taking this to the next level.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to Banking Forum, as it looks like the problem is between Meteor and your bank. You don't have a broadband issue anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Well a number of years ago when VF mobile broadband was launched I signed up for it. Was told with certainty that I could use it immediately. so away I went. I was checking my unbilled calls one day and noticed that the total amount was €800. Called VF and was assured that these were "unbilled" and that once the bill was sent out the amount would have changed to zero. Anyhow a month later I received a bill for €800+ from VF. Called them and she immediately posted a CR to my account. It was their fault for activating the service late and they accepted full responsibility. I'd be sure Meteor have done the exact same thing only they aren't taking any responsibility for it. Go see a solicitor is my advice if you aren't getting anywhere with them. One of those "no win no fee" places. What have you got to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

SteoL wrote: »
    Well a number of years ago when VF mobile broadband was launched I signed up for it. Was told with certainty that I could use it immediately. so away I went. I was checking my unbilled calls one day and noticed that the total amount was €800. Called VF and was assured that these were "unbilled" and that once the bill was sent out the amount would have changed to zero. Anyhow a month later I received a bill for €800+ from VF. Called them and she immediately posted a CR to my account. It was their fault for activating the service late and they accepted full responsibility. I'd be sure Meteor have done the exact same thing only they aren't taking any responsibility for it. Go see a solicitor is my advice if you aren't getting anywhere with them. One of those "no win no fee" places. What have you got to lose?

A solicitor doesnt come cheap and these "no win, no fee" guys dont take on mobile phone bills. A letter from a solicitor will cost a few hundred straight away.

Put a complaint in with Meteor first and Comreg if unhappy with the result.

If not sorting it then proceed to the small claims court if you wish. Its what it is there for.

Hope you get sorted. It seems like something which will get sorted soon anyways. The bank will have to release the funds to meteor if they wont give it to you then meteor will refund you as they have obviously admitted the error. I would still pursue the complaint after you get refunded to ensure this doesnt happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nala65

Thanks a million guys. It's a mess because Meteor actually are accepting responsibility for it but not taking action. They're saying it's out of their hands now but the fact is - the charge is still in place. I have been on to the National Consumer Agency and explained the whole thing, they told me it is up to Meteor to contact my bank to instruct them that they are no longer seeking the funds. So I have contacted Meteor....again! Hopefully they will actually do something this time, here's hoping! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nala65

STILL no joy - i hate meteor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement