Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

learning about cctv

Options
  • 22-03-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am very eager to learn about cctv. there are alot of courses around. Can anyone on this reccomend a good one. Should I just get a dvr and some cameras and try it out at home...any advice greatly welcomed!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

What exactly do you want to gain, do you want to become a Milestone certified installer or just get a basic understanding of CCTV.
    There are some books on amazon which will give you a better understanding of cctv. From there you could do a tavcom course or similar. The last thing you should be doing is going out and buying kit, at least wait until you have a better grip on the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭paulcdub85

Thanks. Yes I would like to start installing them. I see that tavcom course is in England are any of the couses in ireland any use

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

There is a course down in waterford WIT. But they do intruder, Access Control and CCTV. Great setup. Maybe a class size of 20ish. give them a ring for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    I am very eager to learn about cctv. there are alot of courses around. Can anyone on this reccomend a good one. Should I just get a dvr and some cameras and try it out at home...any advice greatly welcomed!!

CCTV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If your serious about getting involved in the industry then the course in waterford is worth a look.
    I've only read about it in the trade magazines but they have got some of the manufacturers/developers like milestone to sponsor hardware and software for the course.
    You'll also have the paperwork to show for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭paulcdub85

thanks for the responses great help

Advertisement