Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic for 10 year olds

• 22-03-2011 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and girls,
    Has anyone got any recommendations for magic books or dvds aimed at kids? (That is for teaching them magic, not preforming magic to them). Are any of the kids magic sets available in toy shops actually any good? The kind of material I have and preform, while it appears to have given her an interest in learning it, is not so much made for small little hands (Sleight heavy card stuff).

Suggestions are appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Colour changing silks ???
    expanding sponge ball ???

the more visual the better i would have thought ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

horgan_p wrote: »
    Colour changing silks ???
    expanding sponge ball ???

the more visual the better i would have thought ???

Ya, I was thinking of starting with sponges, and moving on from there. Other potential ideas are a misers dream (Using smaller coins), professors nightmare etc.

Maybe even something like banana bandanna.

Now that I think of it, something like the strength test routine with a set of slidini silks could be funny when a 10 year old is doing them to an adult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,239 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Start her on mentalism.
    A creepy little girl doing mind reading would be an awesome act.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

King Mob wrote: »
    Start her on mentalism.
    A creepy little girl doing mind reading would be an awesome act.

Dont bother with this as they all grow into it very handily enough indeed :D

Advertisement