Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter lighting

Options
  • 22-03-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have 3 counter lights under my presses but they stopped working a while ago. I suspected the transformer so replaced it with an identical rated one but no joy.

The wiring seems intact to each light and bulbs have been replaced. I have a diagram to illustrate the setup (excuse my poor mspaint skills). Could it be the light fittings themselves that have been damaged by condensation?

152512.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

How did you confirm there is power at them. A phase tester for example will only show you there is a live feed at the items, it wont show if the neutral is ok at them.

Also, it only probably needs one bad connection in the junction box for all the lights to not work, but a multimeter might show there is power there (12v)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

All I had was a phase tester :o. The wiring is intact, no breaks etc. The room lights and extractor are all ok. I should have said that a feed from the extractor is powering the counter lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Hal1 wrote: »
    All I had was a phase tester :o. The wiring is intact, no breaks etc. The room lights and extractor are all ok. I should have said that a feed from the extractor is powering the counter lights.

A phase tester wont show power at the junction box either if its 12 volts.

Anyway, switch on the lights, and put the phase tester into the neutral supply connection of the transformer, and see if the phase tester lights. If it does, you have an open neutral. Wiring can look intact, thats why we have testers to indicate if circuits are open, to save physically having to pull them apart.

Advertisement