Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good single player Poker game?

Options
  • 22-03-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a Poker game on either PC or PS3. As there is no money at stake, it needs to have a good single player mode to keep my interests peeked. I had World Poker Tour for the PS2 and thought it was a good laugh.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Poker Night at the Inventory

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Poker Night at the Inventory

haha that sounds a bit mad, cheap too! Looking for some tournament play tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

sheehy83 wrote: »
    haha that sounds a bit mad, cheap too! Looking for some tournament play tho.

Any of the reviews that were done by someone who knows how to play poker said it was terrible. It's fine for a laugh at the characters in it, but the actually poker playing is so bad that knowing how to play poker at any reasonable level is a disadvantage.

The poker game I've heard most about is this one, http://www.poker-academy.com/poker-software/index.php

However, it's expensive, as it has a fairly decent AI and an analysis system built in. But the poker play you get from it will be hugely better than something like Night at the Inventory.

That Poker Academy sounds class but 85 dorrars!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah but unlike real poker you dont lose money every time you play it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a Poker game on either PC or PS3. As there is no money at stake, it needs to have a good single player mode to keep my interests peeked. I had World Poker Tour for the PS2 and thought it was a good laugh.

Any suggestions?

Can you not download and play pokerstars or full tilt?

There is no money at stake.
    yeah but unlike real poker you dont lose money every time you play it

You're doing it wrong...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

RDR has some pretty good sp poker in it :D you can cheat and if you feel inclined you can shoot the ai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

F1ngers wrote: »
    Can you not download and play pokerstars or full tilt?

There is no money at stake.

Playing online at fake money tables is a complete joke. People don't have anything at stake so they go all in on the very first hand, and after that they play crazily. Poker is a game that's dictated by the winning and losing of what you've put up. If what you're staking has no value, and more importantly if what the other players are staking has no value, it brings out crazy behaviour that breaks the game somewhat. So no, online with fake and even small amounts of money is no substitute for a well coded poker game.

Ya, I like the facebook poker but like Buceph said, when no money is at stake online, then people keep going all in every hand, wrecks the game. Thats why I want to keep it offline. I saw there is a poker game on PSN, anyone know if this is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I have it. Its alright, not as good as wsop on the psp, online is good I play it a fair bit more so then single player. Not a lot of features or customisation for characters etc... and sp can be quite repetitive because of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement