Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Only-Can Network to Other Laptop Though?

Options
  • 22-03-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

I know a bit about networking but this is driving me mad, my laptop has dropped the internet to local only. I have tried everything to get it back but nothing.

I have tried manually entering an ip and dns, resetting adapters, deleting network and reconnecting and nothing, however when I click on the network tab I can see my girlfriends laptop connected to it and I can login to her laptop and even transfer files :confused:

I also can't connect to the wireless router only trhough her laptop, has anyone got any idea how to fix this cause I am boggled??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Turn off your firewall and try it. If you can then connect to the router admin page and the internet then it's a firewall setting that is preventing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Is your default gateway the same IP as the internet router?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Jumpy wrote: »
    Is your default gateway the same IP as the internet router?

will try the firewall now, thanks

when I entered it in manually I entered the default gateway as the ip of the netgear router; so 192.168.0.1

Advertisement