Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buyin a site, planning permission and general advice

Options
  • 22-03-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Myself (from Dublin) and my better half (from country) have been living in Dublin for the last 4 years and we both have always had conflicting ideas of where wanted to end up living together, the much talked about forever house. I really don't want to live outside Dublin and she wants a detached rural existance with a bit of land for horse etc. which isn't really possible in Dublin. Of late we have been throwing around the compromise of living on the outskirts of Dublin (Stepaside, Glencullen, Enniskerry that kind of area) but from what we can see all desirable available properties in those areas would seem to be out of our price range >€1m. That got us thinking of buying a site with a bit of land and building the dream home.

My questions to you guys area, have any of you done something similar? How much do you reckon we'd be looking at paying for a site C1-2acres? Would you foresee issues with planning for these areas? Any suggestions for searching out that perfect site? Any pitfalls/problems you could foresee for us?

We are not in any rush, but we are formulating a planfor our future so any advice is welcome and will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement