Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another Pizza parlour

Options
  • 22-03-2011 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Walking by the Cherry Blossom (Orchard) take away last night I noticed it's being turned into an Apache Pizza place. How many's that?
    PHQ at Superquinn
    The one in the Meridian.
    The one beside Lidl ( is it still open?)
    And now Apache.... I like pizza as much as the next guy, but thats a lot of pizza parlours for a small town

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tiradon

The place in the Meridian is an Apache Pizza so maybe they're just moving premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,856 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tiradon wrote: »
    The place in the Meridian is an Apache Pizza so maybe they're just moving premises.

Lams are moving to where the Cherry Blossom was (that was the one down the bottom of the town that went out of business, right?). If Apache are moving there too, with them, it kinda makes sense I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Ah I see. I wonder why they're moving? Rent too high perhaps? Or Parking issues?

Ah I see. I wonder why they're moving? Rent too high perhaps? Or Parking issues?

I'd say rent, Meridian is supposed to be quite high. Also, the new place would give them a better 'on street' presence. I had no idea about Lams until I saw it mentioned on here (I now love their Honey Melon Chiken dish!)

I had thought Lams were moving down on their own, but OP states it is Apache's moving down.

Maybe both are staying together and moving down, maybe only Apache is - I don't know myself. Speculating at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

The sign on the old Cherry Blossom says Apache Opening Soon.

Little Caesar's next to Lidl is no longer there.

It was odd how Lams and Apache shared the same space -- I assume they are owned by the same person.

There wouldn't be the same amount of kitchen space in the old Cherry Orchard unless they converted the seating area into kitchen space.

• Advertisement

It was odd how Lams and Apache shared the same space -- I assume they are owned by the same person.

There wouldn't be the same amount of kitchen space in the old Cherry Orchard unless they converted the seating area into kitchen space.

I know they increased the kitchen space in the Cherry Orchard shortly before they closed down for good. That is why they closed initially, despite what the rumours would say. So the extra room created then might be enough.

If both places move down, I imagine they will redo the seating area and make one big kitchen. If only one is moving down they might maintain a small earing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i believe they're run as a dual franchise, i tink theres something similar with the apache on pearse st.

ps, their chilli salt wings and thai green curry are fantastically awesome!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Walking by the Cherry Blossom (Orchard) take away last night I noticed it's being turned into an Apache Pizza place. How many's that?
    PHQ at Superquinn
    The one in the Meridian.
    The one beside Lidl ( is it still open?)
    And now Apache.... I like pizza as much as the next guy, but thats a lot of pizza parlours for a small town

...Cos they can charge 15-20 euro for a slice of bread, some tomato sauce and some rubbish cheese. Hence why so many.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    ...Cos they can charge 15-20 euro for a slice of bread, some tomato sauce and some rubbish cheese. Hence why so many.

In fairness of the 4 mentioned....

PHQ at Superquinn - Still there
    The one in the Meridian - IS Apache Pizza
    The one beside Lidl ( is it still open?) - Closed
    And now Apache. - IS the one from the Meridian.

So of 4 mentioned, only 2 actually exist.

There is Pizza and Cream up in Eden Wood/Gate too though, unless it has closed down recently.

Milanos and Jokers also do Pizza.

I think bochelli do take away pizza

Pizza's n Cream in Eden Gate.

Pizza is apparenlty critical in Greystones!

• Advertisement

Milanos and Jokers also do Pizza.

I think bochelli do take away pizza

Pizza's n Cream in Eden Gate.

Pizza is apparenlty critical in Greystones!

Where are Milano's? Never heard of them:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Where are Milano's? Never heard of them:confused:
    I think he means Pinetos

I think he means Pinetos
    yes whoops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Bochellis are THE best pizza in town ... IMHO :D

Merrilady wrote: »
    Bochellis are THE best pizza in town ... IMHO :D