Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 13 on TV?

• 22-03-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭

Only a few days away and I can't find the details for where it is showing and when.

I'm at work now or I'd check the Sky planner, but does anyone have info?

Marshall Zelaznik wouldn't confirm last time I nagged him if it was still on Sky or moving. And will we still have a 4 day delay behind the US?

PS, I want to know the TV home for TUF, not where everyone is streaming or downloading the pirate version...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

A pirate version of The Ultimate Fighter would be awesome! An armbarrrrrr or swab the deck!

I'll get my coat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Richy06 wrote: »
    A pirate version of The Ultimate Fighter would be awesome! An armbarrrrrr or swab the deck!

I'll get my coat....

Goldie: "AND IT IS AAAAAAALLLL OVER!"

Rogan: "He just shivered his timbers Mike"

Rogan : he cannot see out of his right eye.

Goldie : thats because of the patch Joe.

:rolleyes:

Pirates aside what day does this start. Looking forward to it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Only a few days away and I can't find the details for where it is showing and when.

Marshall Zelaznik wouldn't confirm last time I nagged him if it was still on Sky or moving. And will we still have a 4 day delay behind the US?

PS, I want to know the TV home for TUF, not where everyone is streaming or downloading the pirate version...

So long as that keeps happening i'll continue to either watch it online or illegally download it, cos i'm just a rebel ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Rogan : he cannot see out of his right eye.

Goldie : thats because of the patch Joe.

Goldie: He cannot see out of his japs eye.

Rogan: What?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

A few days? Doesn't it start tomorrow? I remember it always being on Wednesdays at 2am.

I also remember there was usually a fight card prior to the season premier. Anyone have any info? I can't see much about it in google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Sure it airs in U.S on March 30th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I imagine we'll be bombarded with adverts on Saturday nights event for this. I'll most likely do the same as the last few series and watch all the episodes over a day or two before the Finale skipping out most of the crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is it the 1st night theres not a UFN on before a TUF premiere?

UFN 24 on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Sky had the last season, I'd imagine they'll be carrying this one as well, unless last season was a trial run and it did terribly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Does anybody know anything about any of the competitors? There's an English guy called Michael Bowman and a German resident not originally from Germany, that's the only European interest. I really hope an Irish competitor can make it onto the show soon.

All of the competitors have been revealed. There was a video released a while back.

The try outs and auditions are on right now for TUF 14 and Paul McVeigh is through to the final round AFAIK!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

couple of things.

Dana comes out at the start of every season and says how "this season is the craziest".... i havent heard a peep from him yet.

Also, they missed a chance to make some quality TV. Lesnar v Mir might not have made much sense competitively, but it would've made sense as far as TV goes, building a rivalry and selling PPVs.

I can't see Lesnar getting a rise out of Dos Santos. in fact, I can't even see Lesnar wanting to have any.

there' nothing filling me with excitement about this season.

(and before anyone says "Oh, what about the fights? If you want drama, watch Big Brother"......... I love the reality TV aspect of TUF just as much as the fights)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

Searched all over online and still no word of what channel is showing the series.
    surely they know by now?

Searched all over online and still no word of what channel is showing the series.
    surely they know by now?

It's on Spike TV as always.

If you want to watch it on terrestrial then you'll be behind by about a week all the time. I used to do it but could never avoid spoilers for that long.

Terrestial tv a week late is fine, I'm too old fashioned for that watching tv online malarky.
    I have no problem avoiding spoilers, but strange that there seems to be nothing online about which channel is showing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

2 days after the show goes out in the US and not only have we not seen it yet (legally) we don't even have a prospective date for it.

According to the UFC their distribution team are "still working on it". Probably the biggest territory for the UFC outside of N America and we don't have a deal for TUF 2 days after it starts?

Shambles.

So...

Any particular reason you posted spoilers about TUF in the thread where people are complaining that they're not able to watch it yet?

I know you used spoiler tags but I got the emailed notification so it didn't help...

If they really wanted to watch it they'd just watch it online. It's 2011 ffs. it's like me saying "don't post spoilers for Coronation Street because I choose to only watch it on the classic soaps channel".

The first episode is rubbish anyways so ye're not missing much lads.

• Advertisement

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    If they really wanted to watch it they'd just watch it online. It's 2011 ffs. it's like me saying "don't post spoilers for Coronation Street because I choose to only watch it on the classic soaps channel".

Its nothing like that, its a tv programme, and it has not been shown on tv yet here.

I for one don't have internet access at home. As do many many people believe it or not.
    I don't use it enough to justify the costs.

So pardon us who think its reasonable not to give away what happens on a TV programme before its ever aired here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Its nothing like that, its a tv programme, and it has not been shown on tv yet here.

I for one don't have internet access at home. As do many many people believe it or not.
    I don't use it enough to justify the costs.

So pardon us who think its reasonable not to give away what happens on a TV programme before its ever aired here.

or maybe just dont read the spoilers thread

Ah sure can't be too hard to have one thread for realtime watchers and another for the technophobes :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is it not on channel 5 ?

dave1982 wrote: »
    Is it not on channel 5 ?

It is officially not on anywhere.

The UFC say they are still working on securing a distribution deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Why don't you just learn how to use the internet and, if that's not enough, learn how to connect your laptop to your TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Ah sure can't be too hard to have one thread for realtime watchers and another for the technophobes :P

:rolleyes: hence why there is a thread called "TUF 13: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos Decision Thread **SPOILERS**" and this thread
    seadnamac wrote: »
    Why don't you just learn how to use the internet and, if that's not enough, learn how to connect your laptop to your TV?

Why don't you just learn how to read this thread to find out why people can't do that :rolleyes:

Devastator wrote: »
    Why don't you just learn how to read this thread to find out why people can't do that :rolleyes:

Why don't you show me exactly where the OP stated he couldn't do that?

They sell HDMI cables in the €2 shop now.

• Advertisement

I know how to use the internet and I know how to connect my laptop to the TV.

I choose not to download the show because it is illegal, that's my choice last time I checked? What I am complaining about is the fact that I shouldn't have to do without because it shouldn't be such a difficult job for the UFC to secure a broadcast deal for the show in their biggest foreign territory.

I know how to use the internet and I know how to connect my laptop to the TV.

I choose not to download the show because it is illegal, that's my choice last time I checked? What I am complaining about is the fact that I shouldn't have to do without because it shouldn't be such a difficult job for the UFC to secure a broadcast deal for the show in their biggest foreign territory.

Fair enough then, I retract my smart-alecness. But you should just give it up, all the kids are doing it these days.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    or maybe just dont read the spoilers thread

I don't ;)

Are you posting online telling people already online that they need to learn how to use the internet?
    Great stuff

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

back on topic please.

and when i say "please", i really mean "now". :)

DeV.

A quote from Marshall Zelaznik
    Sorry all of you UK fans. We are trying to work out a good result for TUF-I am hoping this week we will have news. I wish I had a good excuse but sometimes these TV deals aren't as easy as they seem. All your complaints have been heard-this is priority number 1. Thanks for your patience.

Hoping they'll at least start out with a double episode to get us caught up.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    back on topic please.

and when i say "please", i really mean "now". :)

DeV.

Or else say goodbye to posting on the Starcraft forums!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

A quote from Marshall Zelaznik

Hoping they'll at least start out with a double episode to get us caught up.

At least we know they're working on something. I wish they'd hurry and get it sorted though. Not like the series started out of the blue.

Are you posting online telling people already online that they need to learn how to use the internet?
    Great stuff

Thank you. I'm glad you're impressed.

Sounds good

Marshall Zelaznik
    Get ready UK fans-putting finishing touches on the TUF deal. Thank god-if this works out you will be all caught up and on track before midnight tomorrow.

EDIT:
    TUF UK Announcement! E-S-P-N tomorrow night-Episode 1 and 2 will air beginning at 10pm.

Sounds good

Marshall Zelaznik

EDIT:

where did you get that info from?

• Advertisement

where did you get that info from?

His Facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Only a day behind Spike TV in the US. Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

First 2 episodes on ESPN tonight. Great news. :)

Advertisement