Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

next generation broadband

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That's interesting... The eircom exchange itself is on the Cabra road though you may be connected to the Phibsboro road. It's up to Magnet to sort out any problems with your phoneline however. I.e. they must make contact with eircom over faults, their customers can't contact eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

any chance eircom would improve the line quality on cabra road in phibsborough dublin 7?

i'm with magnet and even at 5mb/s im still getting dropped connections..... when i phone them up they keep saying the eircom line is crap.

Hi Nothingbetter2d,

If there is an issue with an eircom line that another company has identified there is a process in which they can escalate the issue to eircom engineers to investigate on your behalf.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hi jay93,

Thanks for contacting eircom on Boards.

Our online products' website will be able to advise you which eircom broadband package or bundle may be suitable for your home or business telephone line. These packages vary from basic to more advanced professionable Next Generation broadband (ADSL2 +*24Mb).

You can also take advantage of reduced cost /rates if you do this directly yourself online :

Eircom Online Products : http://www.eircom.net/pageA/?extlink=Products

If your local excange is enabled for NGB, our product's website will be able to advise you of the best NGB package. NGB provides uncongested broadband rates of up to your current attainable rates. For e.g : if your attainable rates are 6Mb, then your broadband would be setup as this would give you the best possible consistent speed. If your attainable rates are higher and you live quite close to your exchange then you should benefit from most of our broadband packages.

If you have any problems signing up for a package onliine, please call directly into eircom Broadband Sales : 1800 503303 (freefone).

Let me know if I can help further on this or any other matter.

Kind regards,

Ant

Hi Ant thanks for your reply on this :)
    The exchange is set to be enabled in the next 2 months so the line checker is still only showing the standard broadband packages will keep an eye out on the NGB map for when our area is fully enabled!we are very close to the exchange about 0.7KM -1KM away the line is very stable so im hoping that we can avail of the 24Mb package when it becomes available in our area:)
    Would i be right in saying that the exchange will be upgraded to ADSL 2+ when the NGB is enabled ?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Here in Greystones, Co. Wicklow at 5 minutes to midnight 31st March, the map on Eircom website indicated 8Mb NGB by end of March.

Alas, still on 3Mb. Broken promises ? :(

1230217669.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Hi Nothingbetter2d,

If there is an issue with an eircom line that another company has identified there is a process in which they can escalate the issue to eircom engineers to investigate on your behalf.

Thanks, Mark

is it possible my line is being routed to the wrong exchange then?

if i'm on cabra road (near phibsborough church) should i be connected to the cabra exchange or the phibsborough exchange?

Obviously i'd like to be on the exchange closest to reduce signal degradation

is there a map to show where the two exchanges are so i can see which one is the closest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I live in Dalkey and I signed up to NGB about 6 months ago. I have to say the speeds are awful, most of the time I can't even watch anything on Youtube.

Can someone contact me to rectify this or else I'll be cancelling my "non" service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

is it possible my line is being routed to the wrong exchange then?

if i'm on cabra road (near phibsborough church) should i be connected to the cabra exchange or the phibsborough exchange?

Obviously i'd like to be on the exchange closest to reduce signal degradation

is there a map to show where the two exchanges are so i can see which one is the closest?

Hi Nothingbetter2d

Afraid we do not have any official map demomstrating the position of the two exchanges. It would not be a matter of routing to wrong exchange as cabled are laid in accordance with which exchange covers your address.
    If you have been advised that there is a problem with line your provider should report this for you.
    However speed capacity may be determined by distance and may not be possible to upgrade at this time.
    Hope this explaination helps.
    Tony

eigrod wrote: »
    Here in Greystones, Co. Wicklow at 5 minutes to midnight 31st March, the map on Eircom website indicated 8Mb NGB by end of March.

Alas, still on 3Mb. Broken promises ? :(

1230217669.png

Hi eigrod
    can you PM me your line no. and I can check this.. It is possible that there may be a slight delay due to cabling, but should be enabled soon.
    PM me and I will chase for you.
    Tony

I live in Dalkey and I signed up to NGB about 6 months ago. I have to say the speeds are awful, most of the time I can't even watch anything on Youtube.

Can someone contact me to rectify this or else I'll be cancelling my "non" service.

Hi schemingbohemia
    yes I can check this for you. If you PM me your line no. will investigate this issue and hopefully help.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Hi eigrod
    can you PM me your line no. and I can check this.. It is possible that there may be a slight delay due to cabling, but should be enabled soon.
    PM me and I will chase for you.
    Tony

Hi Tony. I sent you a PM on this recently, as requested.

eigrod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

eigrod wrote: »
    Hi Tony. I sent you a PM on this recently, as requested.

eigrod.

Hi eigrod,

Thanks again. I will check this out with Tony when he's in quite soon.

Will advise you shortly.

All the best,
    Ant

Advertisement